Wednesday, July 30, 2014

And the PR's keep on coming.

More smiles tonight.  Really, I'm in some pain, my arms/shoulders are done for the week...or so they tell me.  I suspect they'll be ready again come Friday.  I posed the question on Facebook, does my full clean (think they just call it a clean) with the squat...if that beats my previous front squat weight, can I claim it? 

Maybe?  C'mon, it's close to the same thing right?  

Tonight I pulled a double.  5pm WOD, 7pm barbell club.  Wanted that hour break, take a little time to try and recover a little.  The WOD tonight sauteed my shoulders.  Did what was supposed to be a heavy strict press 2-3 reps, somewhere about 80% of the 1RM.  Don't know what that 1RM is, so I worked up to 115, and did that.  It was hard, a few times I felt like I had to will the weight up, because my arms weren't getting it done... an you know that "will the weight up" stance, where you kinda contort your body a bit, all without losing the strict part of press...just to get the weight overhead.  Either way, got it done in the end, and I'll call it my 1RM from now on.  I think I can do more, but I didn't have one written down, and if you don't write it down, it didn't happen.... or so I've heard. 

The METCON was a two parter.  5 rounds for time of 10 push presses (115/75) and 30 DUs.  Second part being a 400m run.  After having done the strict presses for 115, the pushes at the same weight should have been easier... or so I thought.  My form was awful, kept pushing off my toes instead of my heels.  #thestruggleisreal  The DU's for me are still singles, and by the end of the 5 rounds they were close to cramping.  9:24.  Slowest yet again, but I beat the time cap we set for 10 minutes, so it's not all bad. 

400m was special today.  EVERYONE was after Ariels 1:17 from earlier in the day.  Heck I chased it on a rower.  Got close...ish with 1:26.  Two of the guys beat it.  Still, 1:17 was the mark to hit, and it was fun chasing it.  One day I'll run a 1:30 400...sooner than later I hope. 

Ok, so WOD was done, now I had to stay loose during the next class.  Did some rowing, stretching, lots of lax ball usage.  In the end, mission accomplished, stayed warm, stayed loose. 

Establish Barbell Club, lets go.  Didn't do the warmup, didn't need to, was already loose, stretched out, ready.  We went through the progression for cleans, both power and full.  I had one thing on my mind.  Finally do a legit clean.

The goal was to do 2 heavy lifts.  I stopped short of what I could have done, in light of the fact I'd PR'd with the power clean just yesterday, and the fact that I'd gone to WOD So Hard University the hour before.  I wont bore you with the progression.  I got my 2 heavy's in at 135.  I'll take that for my first time really getting cleans, front squat and all. 

After that there were two moves you could do.  5x5 push-press, or pullups (if you'd done push press in the WOD previous).  Ring rows it was.  Felt easier after everything else... I mean not easier, but easier... if you get my drift. 

Last thing we did.  Barbell lunges, and then this weighted hip thrust.  Basically some old school super sets.  It's 1 am right now, so I'm not going to go into what it was like other than telling you that the lunges sucked, and the thrusts we're weird...

Closing thoughts....  I'm sore, but it's that "I just killed it" sore. 

Rest day tomorrow....well, today. 

More PR's, more 1RM's... it's great, getting stronger, getting results.  #HWPO

Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment