Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Heavy Legs

Title says it all.  My legs are heavy tonight.  Had an awesomely awful WOD tonight, and I'll be feeling it in the morning.  My quads hadn't quite recovered from yesterdays squats beating, and today had a little bit more leg type stuff.  Lets get into it. 

The early stuff was all fun and games.  Rowing, leg swings, stretching, all that.  Then we had a PR broad jump competition type thing.  Well, it wasn't a competition, but you know how competitive people get...some good stuff.  We also spent a little time on handstand walking.  For me that means strict DB pressing.  My shoulders are already in rough shape...not sure why, so I felt every bit of these presses.  With all the standing around, I feel like I got more from this than everyone else, but I don't know...it doesn't matter anyway. 

The METCON today is simple, yet awful... and it's funny, nearly 3 months into this journey, I'm still here, still sore all the time, and still loving it.  Just thought I'd share that.  Wanted to say thank you for everyone I've met and WODded with on this journey... still a ways to go, but if this first bit has been any indication, it'll be worth the ride. 

Where was I?  Oh yeah, simple, yet awful....4 minute AMRAP of sorts.  25 KB swings, 400m rowing, then as many double unders as you can muster.  2 minute rest, repeat 3 more times. 

I followed through with the going up a KB size.  Won't call it a mistake, but I only made it through 1 round of it.  Felt something in my shoulder, decided to do the last 3 with a lighter load, just in case it was something rough.  KB's can be fun right?  I think for every single round, right around 15 or so, the though of  "damn, 25?" crept into my head.  Finish that first set, then it's on to the rower. 

I have company today.  Kara, another longtime member I think, cause everyone seems to know her.  She's got knee issues too, a tear of some sort, surgery coming up.  Knowing what I went through, I feel for her, but right now, we've got rowing.  She's able to start before me just about every round, but I'm a bit taller, have a different stroke, so I'm able to catch her, or at least catch up to her.  Not that it's a competition mind you, but I can't get beat by a girl.  LOL. 

Each row leaves me about 50-60 seconds for double unders...but my rope is further from the rower than it probably should be.  Sandbagging.  I did single unders for the day, divide by two.  My legs are so heavy from yesterday, I didn't bother attempting a DU, and with the time left, and my "eh" style of jumping, I get about 20 each time.  A few of the times I stuffed more in a shorter time, the other ones had me messing up mid time, and re setting too much....I really need to find a jump rope so I can practice... 

Normally I'd go through all four rounds with you, or tell you something funny...or at least something I think is funny, but frankly, my body is trying to put me to sleep and my spelling is getting awful.  The mind is willing, but the body is weak, or so it seems. 

Good news, tomorrow is another simple workout....looking like bench pressing for strength, and 12.1 for the METCON....don't know why I always capitalize that...anyway, 12.1, for those of you that don't know, is the reference to 2012's 1st Open workout.  For those of you who don't remember, or don't feel like looking it up, it's a 7 minute AMRAP.  Of burpees.  Ug.  Pray for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment