Thursday, July 3, 2014

How do you celebrate your PRs?

Where to start?  Might as well get the METCON out of the way.  7 minutes of heaven...aka 7 minutes of suck.  7 minute AMRAP of burpees.  I didn't have it today.  I know I'm slow, but that slowness today was bad.  I only got 38.  I was 30 short of the next person...but it's ok, I know I suck at burpees right now, thats changing, slowly.  Please believe that this is the worst that WOD will ever be.  These things waste my arms like nothing else.  Debating a rest day tomorrow, but it's a dead lift day, and I'd really like to get some of those in, only really done them once in 3 months of CrossFit, I need some more. 

Tomorrow will take care of itself, back to today.  I've got major endorphins right now, feeling good.  Spent some time with @Iamthehealer getting adjusted, had my brother over earlier, got some leg and shoulder work in, happy about that, I'm all physical therapied up.  Massaged, chiropracted... all good.  Think I'll make tomorrow just fine now that I think about it, but back to the endorphins.  We did some bro-love bench pressing today.  This is only the second or third noon WOD I've done at Establish.  First one, about two months ago, was the only other time we did the bench press that I can remember, it was for a 1RM as well.

So back then (2 mo's ago) it was...a surprisingly similar type of day, 70's outside, bright, cheery.  Getting something like that in July, nearly unheard of in the mid-west, glad I made the most of it.  So I'm working with Clay today (was then too), and we start at something light, easy enough, and we take the time to build up to about 10lbs below the 1rm.  Then we jumped to a little over, 10lbs I think.  Done.  Easy.  Gimmie some more.  10lb more.  Done.  Struggled a little, but solid.  He thinks for a minute, I do some stretches.  10 more lbs.  Bar goes down, takes a solid push, bar comes up.  Done.  30lbs over my previous 1RM.  About a 20% gain, in 2 months.  YEAAAH!

I was too cool to do a PR dance, and we didn't have a bell to ring, so I settled for a big smile and an Fonzy "Aaaay".  I could have done more, maybe 5lbs, maybe even 10, but Clay called it there, and it was probably the right call.  The burpees after that were awful, but I had a 30# RP to hang my hat on, can't complain.  Good Wednesday. 

How do you celebrate your PRs?  You don't have to reply (feel free to), just a question for the masses.  At CFDS, there is this bell, and it's rung when someone PRs.  I think all boxes should have something like this, but that could just be my exuberance.  I need to get something going, Jaimie does a dance, and frankly it's awesome, so I may end up doing that.  Decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment