Friday, July 4, 2014

Cheerleading

So... 120 KB swings is no joke, broken up or not.  WOWzer.  I am def not going tomorrow... and I wanted to.  4th of July, hero WOD, some BBQ... but there is no way...at least no way I'm WODding tomorrow...the BBQ might be quite nice....chalk this up as a maybe.   

Got myself another PR today...disguised as a 1RM.  I'd never found my 1RM for deadlifts until today, and I think I might have gone for a little more, but it felt like the right number for me today.  I started at 135, and just kept adding plates.  Didn't bother counting till the 1st pull felt like it should be the last one.  It's probably not a super impressive number for my size, but I was hoping to get to 200.  When it was all said and done, I was sitting pretty at 285.  Now I've a number to go off of in the future.  Feels good. 

I keep struggling to remember that the METCON is supposed to be intense, and I should rest so much.  Maybe this is stamina training in disguise?  Tonight was something else.  20 Pullups 40 KB swings, 3 rounds for time.  I wanted to split this into 6 sets of 10/20, but got shot down.  Something about defeating the purpose of the numbers as they were.  It sounded better when he said it. 

Ring rows baby.  I don't know if I'm just fatigued, or maybe I'm doing them at an increased angle...either way, more than 10 at once is getting difficult.  The first set I'm able to do 10, then I do 5.  And at this point I put my resolve to the test.  There are scaling options on the board as far as effort goes.  Less reps for both things.  I wanted to do them all, but all the way through my first 15 ring rows, the question nagged at me.  Should I scale the numbers too... This was a long internal debate.  I even stopped for a bit while on 15, trying to decide.  No.  Not going to do it.  I'm not scaling this.  I had planned on hitting 20/40, so thats what I'm going to do.  20 rows done, on to the KBs...I feel like I've been doing a lot of these lately...  can't remember what my count was.  Not fully unbroken, but I think I only put it down 3 times.  I wasn't using a heavy KB today... Got to 40, moving on. 

Round two, I'm maybe 4 minutes into this, and I'm hurting.  Rows are now in sets of 5.  Done.  Burning.  KB's are in sets of 10.  Last set, near the end, I finally see why people drop these things, or otherwise let them going flying.  My grip is garbage, almost dropped it myself.  Back on the rings, I peek over, Chris is on his last set, this other lady is almost done, and I'm actually ahead of another person... sorry, I'm still competitive. 

I'm back on the rings.  Chris is done, comes over, "how many you got left".  I hold up 4 fingers.  How did I get to 4, I don't know, not able to do sets of 5 I guess.  That survival mode, just trying to get done.  Done.  The KB's are torturous, nail 15 my first set, 10, 5, then ten to finish.  I'm done.  I hurt, fist bump.  I look around, grab my water, kill the whole thing, 16oz in maybe 3 seconds.  Look around some more, Stephanie is sill doing her pullups.  Chris and I go over, cheering her on.  It's nice to be able to pay come of the motivation back.  5 more pullups, then she's done, onto KBs.  She powers out 15, but the form starts to suffer.  Swap out to a lighter KB, and she kills the last 15.  I counted her down the whole way, and then she was done. 

Yeah, it's nice to be able to do that for someone else, instead of always receiving it.  Gave me something to smile about anyway. 

Have a happy 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment