Friday, January 2, 2015

State of the Union

Remember that post about how awesome I think On Track is going to be?  Well, I still think that... I just haven't been back.  My quads were/are a mess still.  It was almost as bad as my first day CrossFitting at Diamond State.  In other words, I still hurt... getting up, walking up and down stairs, etc etc etc.  Maaaaybe I'll go back tomorrow.  I want to, can't have them thinking I got run off.

On to the State of the Union... can a Nomad have one of those?  *shrug*  I've got one.  Take that!  And really, maybe this isn't a SoU, but a goals and ambitions for 2015.  A resolution perhaps?  mmmm.

I think I'm going to put my current 1RM's that I have, and then put goals beside them.  I do know that I want to take 7-10 more lifts into "club 200".  I also want to have the big harry goal of dropping a smooth 100 lbs this year.   ONE HUNDRED!  Help me get there.  This should help me drop 2-3ish shirt sizes, and probably a few more pant sizes.  Which is now a mixed blessing.  My favorite store to shop at in KC is folding itself into JC Penneys... as long as they still have the goods, I don't really care where they sit.

Ok, here is the original list of the club 200 lifts/movements.  Some of these will get crossed off at the same time, or very close together I suspect, looking at them now, well after I'd first made this list. 

Name Current 2015 Goal
Push Press 175 230
Strict Press 135 (this has to be old) 205
Jerk Press 145 (this is also old) 220
Bench Press 205 260
Overhead Squat 95 (old, but still relevent) 150
Front Squat 205 250
Back Squat 245 300?
Hang Clean unknown 205
Power Clean 150 205
Squat Clean 145 180 (this one is all mental)
Hang Snatch 75 120
Power Snatch 125 170
Squat Snatch 75 145
Deadlifts 295 350+
Thrusters unknown 150?
Bear Complex 95? Don't remember 135
Shankle Complex unknown 150+



Additions
Clean and Jerk 175 205
TGU no weight 1/2 pood
DU's 0 10
Consistent Box Jumps 0 12"
1000 row 3:51 3:30

So yeah, it's an ambitious year, lose a lot of weight, and get stronger...  I think I'm up to it.  I mean I doubled most of the lifts from when I started in 8 months, while losing 40 lbs.  Add 4 months on that, yeah, I can probably hit, if not smash all these goals this year.  Stay tuned for updates.  :)

I think my biggest struggle/hurdle will be eating right.  Amanda from OT said that she'd read a study somewhere, and it said... well, crap, I forget exactly what it said, but the translation for me was that I'm probably going to have to cook more at home.  Maybe I need a Wok?  Got picky eaters to please.

Also, supplements.  I haven't been taking anything, and I'm starting to feel achy.  Not sure on the multi-vitamin I'll take.  Getting back on a joint supplement...Triflex from GNC I believe.  Fish oil...while it's not all equal, I think with the volume I'll be taking, I might just deal with a discount store brand.  

Not much else on my mind at the moment, though I know I'll remember it tomorrow, or later tonight.  Good luck to me (and you) on our fitness goals this year

No comments:

Post a Comment