Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back On Track (part 2/2)

They say you never get a second chance at a first impression.  Hopefully the impression I made on them was the same impression they made on me.  I really like On Track.  I'll try my best to give you all my impressions...

It's large.  Probably not quite the same size as Establish, but pretty close.  They got a ton of open floor space with the rig being off to one side.  Several rowers, lots of bars, KB's... all the typical things you see in a box.  They have 3 showers, 2 showers, laundry stuff, few other odds and ends.  There is even another gym area where the more elite level guys/girls train.  Competition level stuff.  Can't wait to be in there myself. 

Now we all know, a gym is nothing but a room full of tools without the people to use them.  OT has all kinds of people.  Felt like organized chaos tonight, people everywhere... figured it out later, that the beginners class straddles the 530 and 630 classes, so there can be a lot going on.  Makes sense why I felt that way now.  People all seem pretty cool... and I mean I didn't expect anything less, it's a CrossFit box, that seems to be growing... so yeah, good people are bound to be there right? 

Enough (for now) about OT... it's 0116, and I need to get some beauty sleep, I have a feeling work will be calling on yet another day off.  The beginners class tonight was taught by Brandon.  Amanda told me he had a way with people, and I'd agree.  He made the teaching seem quite a bit less like teaching, and just ...kind of follow the leader.  *shrug*  I don't know how to describe it.  We went through the snatch progression.  Lots of holding positions and what not... pain.  LOL.  I feel like every time I go through that, I get better... like a lot better.  Things are already looking good. 

Next thing we did was go over wallballs.  We were doing a partner WOD...Karen.  150 wallballs... oh lawd!  J.Peet, I'm sorry, this long off working out... my form was awful.  AWFUL!!  I'm getting deep enough, but my chest isn't high at all, I'm leaned forward... it sucked... the form and the workout.  LOL.  The whole time it was just bad.  My quads... they hurt like they've rarely hurt... it was just bad.  But we got done, Sarah and I got done in sub 8 minutes.  I know thats probably not a great time, but at the same time, thats the first time I've done Karen, partner WOD or not. 

I wish I'd worn my lifters tonight... sorry, still feeling the quads... maybe they would have helped?  After all this, spent some time chatting up the coaches, got to know some people a little bit more, they got to know me a bit more.  Tomorrow is a WOD called Candyland... picture a home made board with... idk, 70 spaces, mixed up between the girls, tabata workouts, gymnastics, etc.  There is the upside of it being partner workouts, and of course the BYOB... if I can walk when I wake up, I might go.  Maybe.  Anyway, it's late, and frankly my thoughts aren't coming together... so I'll catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment