Monday, January 19, 2015

...squat squat squat squat, EVERYBODY!!

What a difference a day (or two) makes.  Truthfully, it didn't make all THAT much difference (my upper abs are STILL sore from Friday), but it did help.  Rolling out of bed at 0300 was rough this morning, and I was still sore... ab work and I probably need to become closer with the ab mats.  Train ze muscle!

I saw the WOD today, and was concerned it might be pull on my abs and be uncomfortable.  I was definitely right about the uncomfortable, wrong about what would cause it.  The WOD was named in honor of the DeLeons and their amazing showing at Wodapalooza... or at least I asssumed it was named in their honor.  Either way, WOD was called TeamDeLeon.  6 rounds.  4 HSPU's, 8 sumo dead lift high pulls, 12 ball slams, 24 air squats. 

I knew pretty early in round one, that this was waaaay going to take waaaay longer if I stuck with RX.  At 12 air squats, it felt like everyone else was already on their sumo pulls or ball slams.  I decided then and there that scaling was the only good option in front of me.  Let me take a step back.  I'm tired, it's a travel day... WODs like this suck for me on these days.  Air squats last Wednesday here in sets of 10 was bad enough... I had to break them up.  24?  I mentally broke at the thought of that.... probably stems back to that half Karen...still in my head.  Back on track, the 24 was more than I thought I had in me... I'm trying to regain my form, pushing from the heels... I was scared of being too sore to workout...  LOL.  I'm having a hard time justifying it to myself...

Moving on.  I did everything in stepped down sets.  The HSPUs... I don't know that I like the plate idea, I think I'm going to go back to the box, sure the plate is hard too, but the box feels more like what I need... idk.  So I did 4 plates, 6 high pulls, 8 slams, and 10 squats.  That is still a lot of squatting with 440lbs on my frame.  I got through this mess in just over 18 and a half minutes.... took me that long WITH the scaling.  Last one done, was expecting that.  I wanted so badly to sit down, sit on the floor... something.  I stayed on my feet, which is a small victory for me.  Walked around for a while, ended up going to Wal-Mart, walked around some more.  My legs will be sore tomorrow.  Maybe not as sore as they might have been, but it's going to be sore in the morning.  The highlight, the ball slams.  Not for the cardio/quad..io... work, but for the fact that with little bounce, I'm worried about getting down quickly, to get under the ball as it bounces all of 2" off the ground.  I think this will help me tremendously with my squat cleans.  I hope it will anyway. 

I feel like I had more I wanted to say about this, but it's getting late, and it's a long day tomorrow.  More new projects, more stuff to do.  Somethings I did want to hit on: 

This article.  http://games.crossfit.com/article/and-fitness-all     I needed some motivation today... not workout motivation, but I was looking for anything.  This fell into my Facebook news feed, I'll take it.  Maybe one day in a few months, I'll make it here?  Either way, big ups to Daniel Casey for sticking with it, great story. 

Birthday is this week...and will likely be at CF Unlocked... can't wait (ok, really I can wait) to see what they have in store for me/us. 

I'm going to get better, I'm going to get better, I'm going to get better... 

No comments:

Post a Comment