Wednesday, August 6, 2014

...weren't you listening?

Well were you or weren't you?  Sorry, I'm having a discussion in my head... you see, several of my early posts harped on how important sleep is to your body, particularly when you're doing things like CrossFit...I haven't had 7+ solid hours since Saturday night, and really, I haven't had any solid hours...keep waking up, like I don't trust my alarm clock or something...so, all that to let you know that I'm tired.

I made the drive again, got out of work juuuuust early enough to make it to CFDS for the 630 class.  My apologies to CF Unlocked, I told them I'd likely be back this week, but with getting out early, I couldn't pass up the chance to go....and really, if you want the honest truth, I wanted to do the Unlocked workout tonight.  They're ramping up for the ESAC  (an East Coast competition), and they had 4 movements to find a 1RM for.  I love weightlifting... and I hate burpees... and burpees were at CFDS... speaks volumes to my affinity for these people.   

The warmup tonight was a lot like the class warmup at Unlocked on Monday.  Lots of movement as a group back and forth across the box.  High knees, Frankensteins, butt kickers, and some other things.  Dripping sweat.  Ragged feeling.  Fatigued might be the right word... I probably should have taken a rest day. 

WOD proper was a nasty little thing.  4 rounds of 10 thrusters, 10 burpees, and 10 toes to bar.  I gave up lifting weights for this?  SMH.  I chatted it up with Gia... I'm not at 100%, and my last memories of burpees was getting less that 40 in 7 minutes.  Knocking that down to 5 per round.  Also knocked down the weight from something I might have been able to do (95, 115 maybe), to something I knew I could do (75). 

Tonight there were a lot of people at CFDS.  Enough that the option of making this a partner WOD was presented to class...2/3's took the offer.  My man Dustin is here tonight.  I had a dream last night, that I'd make it to CFDS, and there would be a partner WOD... last time Dustin and I were around for a partner WOD... it was bad.   So as soon as the offer went up, I made sure to stay on the side doing it solo.  I laughed with Dustin about it after, he's a good sport, and he's got Andy to partner with... I'd say it's a win win all around. 

This WOD was rough... fair, but rough.  The thrusters weren't really all that heavy at 75lbs, but the breathing gets me every time.  The burpees...well my struggles with them continue.  Even at 5 per round, they beat me down like Debo.  Like I've told you before, anything taking me from the ground to my feet is going to zap me... toes to bar...well, the rig was pretty crowded.  G suggested situps.  3 days in a row... I can only imagine how bad this is going to feel tomorrow.

Not a lot of extra stories about the next 3 rounds.  Thrusters were done like they were supposed to be... unlike my first ones way back when I started CrossFit.  Burpees only got slower... and the situps just hurt.  LOL.  Oh well, good times.  Got to cheer on some old friends at the end who did the partner setup.  Yeah, good times. 

After everything, I got to spend some time catching up with my peoples, got some food intake modifications to try out, all and all, worth the trip, even if it did include burpees. 

Tomorrow is going to be a much needed rest day.  I'm home in KC for the next week, and my travel is really wonky the next 6 weeks, so who knows when I'll be back in DE.  Look forward to getting back to EST, and of course I look forward to getting back to CFDS.  Also plan on getting more time in at CFU the next week out here, work schedule looks crazy, so I'll get some quality time in with them.  Need to build that relationship up. 

Anyway, I'm out, see you Friday. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page. Olympic Weightlifting gym NOVA CrossFit offers a strength and conditioning program accessible to ANYONE and EVERYONE, regardless of prior experience or fitness level.

    ReplyDelete