Monday, August 18, 2014

I'm goin goin, back back, to Deli Deli

Maybe it should be Dela Dela... anyway, I'm back in  Delaware, my home away from home.  Went to Crossfit Unlocked again, finally met the mythical Jeff and Ali Peet finally, they do exist.  Good times were had.  But first, I need to rant a little on Mondays. 

Normally I like Mondays, not because of work, but because it's usually the first day back in the box after a weekend off.  Usually feeling fresh, read to go.  Thats not the case on tra, vel Mondays.  These hurt.  I usually end up going to bed after 10 for whatever reason, and getting up before 4....with bad sleep in between.  Got home late Sunday night, got packed, and was in bed around midnight.  Didn't get to sleep till after 1... don't know why.  And I was up at 4.  Forgot my iPod (the key to my sleeping on planes usually), left my sun glasses too, rental didn't have XM so the drive in felt longer... lots of little things.  Travel Mondays suck... 

You know what though, I made it, it's actually 1240 am right now, so Mondays been gone for a while now.  Life is good (though I'm going to be TIRED when I wake up...).  So lets talk about Unlocked.   Less people tod...well, less vehicles were there when I pulled up today, we still had a pretty full class.  Got to introduce myself to more of the fine folks here, and a few who were there for my first visit made the joke of "you always pick the nasty WODs huh".  Guess I can't be accused of cherry picking.  :)

Todays WOD was... probably what is often referred to as "spicy".  One thing about Unlocked, they name their WODs...or at least the ones I've seen.  I like that, makes them more memorable.  This one was called "Make Time to Climb".  These were the particulars:
5 Rounds
6 Power snatches 135
20 wall balls 20
30 DU or 90 single jumps
8 Rope climbs any time during the workout


Having just hit a 2RM of the power snatch on Friday at 125... I didn't think doing this WOD with RX weight was very practical.  I miiiiiiight have been able to do it, but I think I would have taken a lot longer to get done, which would have messed up the intent of the programming.  

So I'm doing the snatch at 95.  Wall balls are wall balls, the DUs... I scaled these down.  My New Balance shoes are shot (got replacements on order after tonight WOD), so I brought the lifters... and those aren't the best shoes (in my opinion) to be jumping rope in.  I had plans on doing 30 singles.  The scale for the ropes, was 50 pullups (or 50 ring rows for me).  This is going to be greeeaat.  

It's getting late, so I'm not going to go into all 5 rounds.  The "highlights" of the movements.  The snatch didn't go quite as well as I wanted, Jeff came over a few times with some coaching.  I hope I showed enough improvement to demonstrate what I'd told him, and that was that I'm coachable.  I had issues where I was doing a press instead of staying tight under the bar.  I worked on it.  

The wallballs... man.  LOL.  I'm starting to hate these.  I picked a 20# med ball initially...and the first round of wall balls killed me.  Amazing what 6#'s difference can do.  The 14 made it easier to do... but I feel like I'm still not quite to that piston like speed everyone else is.  Might be where I'm recovering the ball, or how I toss it against the wall... I want to get faster.  

I did my ring rows after the wallballs.  Not much to say here.  There were a lot of  people, a few of these got awkward.  :)  Life happens.  The DU's.  I confess, I didn't do 30 very many times.  I get frustrated when I can't string a few together after a few attempts.  I think the least I did was 15... This is my #3 thing I want to get better at.  So we've got OHS, Snatches, and jumping rope.  I should probably write this down somewhere....

Total time of 25:58.  Slow.  It will get better, it has gotten better... Just need to stay patient.  Thats all I've got, it's waaaaay past my bedtime, and the Unlocked WOD looks tough, but good tomorrow.  I like CFDS's too (it's got OHS's... chance to improve ya know), but I don't think I'll hit them up at all this trip.  Busy day at work tomorrow and the more I type, the less I sleep... so yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment