Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Two Part Tuesday (p1)

My People.  It's been too long. 

First I'm going to clear my conscience, then chat about some other things. 

I've been bad... not so much naughty, but I missed my WOD on Monday.  "Oh thats not so bad" you say.  Yes and no.  Missing WODs when you need rest, are hurt, or ill...yeah, thats all acceptable.  I punked out.  And it was pretty bad.  I was feeling pretty good (sans the chronic knee), and I was fairly well rested, so I should have gone.  Well...I did go.  Drove right up to the dat gum door, and froze.  Had that "I don't know anyone" fear creep in.  To my slight defense, there were A LOT more cars than I was expecting.  I was aiming for a 10am open gym, but it was going to have a coach I didn't know, and a bunch of people I didn't know...and I talked myself out of it in the parking lot.  Courage was lacking that day, don't plan on that happening again.  Ever. 

As an aside, an emergency call with work came up when I'd have been in the middle of the WOD...so maybe it wasn't meant to be... still, I wanted to share my shame so I can start moving past this.  Therapy. 

I'll pay a penance tonight anyway.  Give you a sneak peek at part 2 that will be posted later. 

WOD
For Time
Row 1000m
-rest 2mins
10 TGU 46/36
10 burpee MU/Pull-ups
100 Double Unders
10 wall walks
10 burpee MU/Pull-ups
-rest 2mins
Row 1000m

If I didn't tell you burpees and I have a complicated relationship...and there were only 8 on Mondays WOD.

So what else is new?  Well, I have more confessions.  I had a bit of a cheat weekend.  There is smiley face news with this.  Might not be as bad as you think.  Saturday, I had dressing with my salads.  I can already picture some of you "slow down there mr. rebel", or maybe "whoa...bad ass over here folks, dressing on his salad".  Chuckle all you want, thats the meal cheating equivalent of a little white lie, but I'm baring my soul here.  Sunday I was just bad.  LOL.  Not really that bad, but I broke with paleo for a while.  Hotdogs, burgers, and buns....and I have to tell you, after a week of following paleo, that bread sat heavy for a while...had that "ug, I ate too much" bloated feeling.  Might be something to this stuff after all...

Shout out to Jaimie Byerly.  She went all in at a CrossFit competition and swept (thats "won" for all you non sports people) all three events.  The final event was a winner take all and Jaime got 3rd.  I have a feeling that the athlete in her is pleased with her progress and congratulating her on a job well done.  The competitor in her is already game planning and lining up training so she'll be the one at the top next time.  So proud of her for her hard work.  From the 1st day I walked into CFDS, she was like the energizer bunny...she was working hard when I'd get there, and as I lay in a puddle of sweat, trying to breath at the end of my WOD, she's still going after it.  Absolute monster.  She's in the box almost every day (rest IS important you know), and she stays hungry, always reaching for the next PR, the next level.  I want to be like that.  It's one of my goals for next year, going to a competition, and killing it.

Suddenly I'm out of gas, but thats why there is a part 2 coming later, cause I know I'm going to have something to say about wall walks (or their modified versions), let alone the TGU's...but thats ok, those are new and there are only 10 to do...so they can't be as bad as 20 burpee muscle ups/pull ups...can they?

Hope this finds you well,

TCN

No comments:

Post a Comment