Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Notches

I find it funny that I still have things to talk about on non WOD days.  Blogging is certainly a habit, but it's also got some Pavlovian tendencies...no drool, but I do feel like I should be hitting the box today.  I need that recover though, need it bad I suspect, and I'm seeing my man @Iamthehealer tonight to get some good conversation in, and a good adjustment and some knee advice/help....  It's good to have people like this around.  Diamond State has Joelle, Mark, and some other experts in the healthy arts, and these people (don't want to dehumanize them and call them resources), but these folks are invaluable.  If your box has folks (besides coaches) who train, do physical therapy, chiropractors, doctors, nutritionists, etc, then you're in a good spot to get great advice.  Mom is great, but unless mom is all of those rolled into one and working out with you, I'd leave the advice to the experts. 

Hmmm, got away from where I was going to to... but I'll take it.  Fell into this great blog today, guy who started about when I did, but from the "skinny" side of life.  He has some great perspectives on WODs, Fran, and CrossFit in general.  I confess, I like his setup better, and he....his name is Chirs, or McCune if you know him... man writes like I think I write (in other words you should read it if you half way like my stuff).  http://ifailedfran.com/  Great name right?  Thanks whoever posted that, or something that linked me to that today (I'm guessing it was Andy or Gia). 

Some quick things on my mind

Water intake problems, got that beat.  Had 1 gallon plus 40oz and some other non measured amounts... think thats something like 180oz for the day.  Stellar if you follow the water formula.  Still not where that formula says I should be...but dang thats a lot of water. 

Who's cooking your food?  A video I was linked from +Dr. Charlie Cartwright aka @IamtheHealer on Twitter.  Anyway, this video is a little lengthy (20 mins) but in it the author talks about some of the different thinking in how corporations cook vs how you and I cook food.  Also, you might not eat McDonalds fries again.... Who's cooking your food?

Last thing I had for today, was getting ready for work, and my (main) belt was on some cargo shorts in the closet...being lazy, I reached for another belt that I have for just such "emergencies", and when I was pulling it tight, I was not one, but TWO notches tighter than the well worn previous marks.  HAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA  sorry, thats misspelled like crazy, but I'm not going to fix it, you know that laugh, slightly manical.  I'm eagerly waiting for the the days when I'm at work and have to be pulled aside and told that my clothes look bad because they're falling off me. 

TCN

No comments:

Post a Comment