Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Progress!

Oh man, where to start tonight?  First, I still didn't get any good sleep.  Went to bed at 1030, last time I peeked at the clock was 1.. till I woke up at 3 something, and eventually out of bed at 515.  Lots on my mind I guess.  That doesn't happen very often, some peoples on my mind I guess.  Tonight, I hope...really, I need 7+hours.  NEED!

Before I forget, Andy G shared a site with me...and I'm sharing it with you.  For those people who are considering or doing paleo, check out www.nomnompaleo.com.  There is a recipe index right at the top of the page, LOTS of tasty goodies in there, check it out. 

Speaking of food, one of our athletes at Establish suggested going sugar free.  I'm going to consider it, but that fruit is like my favorite part of the day...  We'll see, might have to make that a plateau buster. 

Alright, progress, what you talkin bout Willis?  Minor things, but things none the less.  Did more burpees tonight (with no sleep mind you), than I've done in any other workout...baby steps.  Journey of 200 lbs starts with a single burpee...or something like that. 

Speaking of 200 lbs, Jaimie @ CFDS just hit a PR of 200 lbs for a move...and I'm still learning it, but I believe it was a power clean (judges?).  Watched it 3 times before I commented on it.  Monster.  She's a motivational force, I'm telling you.

I YouTubed it...think it was actually squat clean. 

Ok, WOD today.  Did the warm ups...run 100m...the WOD had 400m...still taking it easy (maybe too easy...), rowed instead.  I'm getting ahead of myself, excuse me. 


Skill/Strength:
Power Snatch
WOD:
For Time
-Run 400m
-10 TGU 53/35
-10 Burpee MU/Strict Pullups
-30 Box Jump Overs 24/20″
-10 Thrusters 155/105

Ok, the skill/strength was actually a EMOM of a power snatch (start at 60% and increase by 10 lbs) on even minutes.  8 burpees on the odd minutes.  The snatch was a "to failure" of sorts...basically as soon as your form got bad, you were done.  I hosed myself early...when I read go up by 10 lbs, I put an extra 10 on each side of the barbell....knocked myself out of that early.  Kept going on the burpees...think I got to the 5th round before I couldn't get 8 done in a minute... still, I'm jacked.  More than I've done previous.  Yeah!

METCON...like I said earlier, I row'd instead of ran.  TGUs... I knew I wasn't going to be using any kettle bells on this... my form sucks, I don't have the strength yet.  Soon... So I start with my first arm, I get up on my arm, getting ready to lift the hips to get my other leg through (let me stop, if you don't know what this is...YouTube it, it will help you a bit).  So I'm about to lift the hips so I can get my straight leg through... CRAMP.  Right in the calf, felt it start to seize, so I drop back down, no sir.  Not going to deal with that..... but damn, now I have to do all 10 on one side.  Oh well, lets go!  Get to the hip raise, straight leg goes through.  Yeah, already doing better, I start to stand, CRAMP!  Other leg, right in the hammy.  Noooooooo!  Quickly break my self.  No lasting damage.  Well crap, no TGU's.... keep moving. 

Still can't do MU's (muscle ups)...or Pullups...ring rows it is...oh, you said 3 alternate for each MU I can't do...  alright, lets do it.  In retrospect, I probably should have done one burpee, then 3 rows.  As it was I did all the burpees, then I figured I'd make 30 rows.  Couldn't do more than 3 at a time... couldn't get to 30.  Failure, went till I couldn't do one.  Ended up with 15 I think...  Box jump overs... I wasn't worried about this one, it's just effort, didn't think I'd cramp, and I didn't.  Going to check with the coaches about maybe doing a plate jump over, or stacked plate jump over.  Might work.  Thursters... same thing, nothing major to report, I need to upgrade over the 65 I'm doing, I'm stronger than that.  Not to say it's easy, but I can do more. 

So yeah, solid work, all around.  I was putting away...wait, hold on.  Here, peep this. 



See that green on the floor there, thats turf that setup, and we have sports teams rent that space.  Tonight, was a baseball team, so the nets were pulled all the way over and blah blah.  The space between the white board and the middle garage door is where we now stack our boxes.   Now the stage is set...  WOD is over, and I'm walking over to put up my box, and a coupe of parents are sitting on the boxes watching practice.  I set my box, and turn to leave, and one of the parents is like hey, wait a minute.  The man shakes my hand, and not a quick one, I was already letting go of my grip, ready to chat, he kept shaking.  In my mind I'm thinking something like "uh, ok".  He starts talking me up, telling me he's very impressed with my efforts.  Said he wished his brothers would do something like this and he was very complimentary of my effort.  I've got a fan!!  Very nice guy, told me he was proud of me...this is the sort of thing I've done to strangers...now I know what it's like.  Crazy.  Man gave me a high five at the end of our conversation.  Gave him my thanks and we parted ways. 

A fan.  Crazy.  Just goes to show you #HWPO.  Thats Hard Work Pays Off for the uninitiated. 

So, to summarize, I'm getting better, my energy levels are going up, and thus my efforts are increasing.  I love this stuff. 

Endorphins...

Keep fighting the good fight my peoples,

TCN


No comments:

Post a Comment