Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mid-week De-light

Hope you paused when saying that in your head.  Like Rancho De-luxe.  Really stress that Deeeeeeee out.  Give's it that 70's feel/twang. 

I'm fatigued.  Thats about the only thing it can be.  I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I haven't been eating all that well.  Not to say the food hasn't been good food, but I think it's more of a case that I haven't been eating enough.  It's not a case of me trying to eat less for weight loss, I just haven't been hungry.  Not much for breakfast, smaller meals... idk.  I need to fix it though, can't be trying to WOD with low energy, not a good look as they say. 

Skill/Strength:
Press Cluster
(Push Press, Rack, Push Jerk , Rack, Split Jerk)

6min EMOM
5 Reps double KB Jerk

WOD:
4 RFT
-7 thrusters 135/95
-7 burpees
-Row :30 Track meters
-rest 2 Minutes
 
This cluster...I put on a weight I thought was challenging...and I'm sore now.  After that 2, 2, 2, 2 we did a 3-2-1 of 4 presses each, 3 strict press, 2 push press, 1 push jerk... challenging weight thought all that... going to be sore for days I expect.  
 
EMOM- Every Minute on the Minute if you didn't know.  5 reps double KB jerks...Still trying to get my jerk movement down, so I went light, this wasn't all that hard, but it wasn't meant to be.  
 
The WOD...ok, I'm tired, heck, I showed up tired, but now I'm just beat.  The thought of checking out early comes and goes.  Thrusters, burpees, and rowing.  I can get behind some rowing...the rest of this is for the birds.  Wait, what was that, 4 rounds...hmm, ok, this sucks.  Fast forward through the pain and suffering, I'm finishing up round 3, and the other 2 people were just finishing round 4.  I sat there for the 2 minutes of rest, and they both got up to do the cool down (since when is 34 burpees and 340m rowing a cooldown...and happy birthday Ryan Weldy!)...as they're cooling down, there are three minutes left inside the time cap.  A lesser Dan would have shrugged it off and be like I'm pooped.  This Dan got off the rower, and banged out 7 thrusters faster than the previous 21.  Felt like one of the crossfit kings the way I was moving.  Not sure where the extra juice came from, but I did it and then the last rowing before the cap was hit.  I owe 7 burpees.  Put them on the deficit list, as soon as I'm down 50, I'll be doing all of these in "celebration".  
 
Thats all I've got today.  Need to get better about icing my knees.  Anyone know what the NBA or college teams use?  I see them with giant bags of ice, not sure how they do it and get it to stay put...
 
Actually, I'm going to leave you with the lyrics from a song I heard on the way to the box today.  
 
In the warriors code-
there's no surrender
Though his body says stop- 
his spirit cries - NEVER!
 
Keep pushing on my peoples.  
 
TCN

No comments:

Post a Comment