Thursday, May 15, 2014

TPS reports

I knew today was going to be epic in some way.  I knew I had a bunch of work stuff that had to be done, I knew I was going to have a late lunch, and I knew I was going to WOD it out like a rockstar tonight.

Workday, done and nearly flawless.  Lunch...place called Longboards in KC.  Not paleo approved, especially not this monster (below), but it was a just reward for all the work and diligent efforts I have been putting in the diet, workout, and of course my job. 

This, by the way, is called the Cabo XL from Longboards...having just eaten this and per-writing this part of the blog, this thing is a monster, not perfect like my regular Cabo Beef, but it was something new to try... I'm going to feel this tonight or tomorrow, I already know. 
On to the things that are making me tick tonight.  WOD looked easy when I saw it, in practice, yet again, not so much...

Skill/Strength:
8 Min EMOM – Back Squat 3 Reps at 65% of 1RM
10 Min EMOM – Power Snatch 3 Reps Touch and Go
WOD:
2 Rounds of AMRAP
4min
-7 KBS 70/53
-7 box jump 24/20
Rest 1:1 Between Rounds
Max Calorie Row in 3 Minutes

The squats, my form is pretty solid.  Not perfect yet, but solid.  Not roll up on the balls of my feet as much as I did before.  Not that I did it a lot, but it happens less frequently now.  Power snatch...went with a 65lb weight at first, rolled up to an 85.  Still working on that form...those TPS reports, gotta have the cover sheet....anyway, thats what you're going to feel like soon enough with all this talk about having good form.  Good form is the key to reducing injuries, having more power, and looking good.  LOL.

Took it easy...ish on the KB swings.  Haven't touched them since Elements, figured why look like a superman.  26lbs was respectable to me.  I can do more, so I will do more next time.  Box jumps...well you haven't seen me get excited like I'm doing them (again, yet), so these were some step ups.  Quite a difference from a 12" box to a 16" box.  Long story short, did the same on both rounds...I need to push myself more, I feel like I could have done better/more. 

On the way to the box today, was going through the CD case, and found this gem.  I mean with a name like that, how bad could it be right?
 
 This thing is old.  I'm talking over 10 years...back when Limewire and Morpheus were big.  This thing is aptly named, I'm talking about Smashing Pumpkings, Redman and Method Man, The Isley Brothers, Linkin Park, MJ.... I mean there is a lot of different sounds on this thing... So I'm getting close to the box, and I hear "test your might" what is this?  "test your might"  wait a sec...."test your might" could it be??  "MORTAL KOMBAT!!"  ROFL.  Talk about something that (at least at first) gets you in the mood to work.

I ran into a quandary...and if you feel like it, leave a comment.  Spent some time talking to Andy G from CFE today, and 2 things...I need nicknames for these guys.  AP, Andy "The Guru" Paller...I can't decided...I mean he's A1... should he also be nicknamed "the sauce"?  A1-Steaksauce?  No?  Maybe AG will be "the sauce".  Thoughts?

So, recap, great work day, great lunch, great WOD...rediscovered an oldie but goodie CD... yeah, thats the recipe for a very very solid day.  Maybe not Epic like I thought, but thats ok.  Dr's appt tomorrow, lab draws and all that...I'm excited.  Should see some number improve, and some weight loss progress.  Should be another great day. 

Cheers

TCN

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not "The Sauce"? I felt very clever for a minute there... :D

      Delete