Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Lost Week in Walla Walla

So... this week has been awful in regards to fitness.  Food has been better than I though, but it's still not a good week....

Here we are, Wednesday.  I've been out here since Sunday.  Emailed CrossFit Walla Walla...still haven't heard back.  Email is my MO man.  I can write an email and add supporting facts, links, pictures just as fast as I can all someone, and then have to send the follow ups via text and email anyway... so, after waiting 3 days, I give up.  Going to do this on my own.

Really, I should have texted Dave, he's have had me in the stairwells doing air squats on every floor.... it would have been epic.  Instead, I've been working late and staying busy. 

Except today.  I went to the hotel gym... and it sucked.  I had a grand idea of all this dumbell lifts I was going to do, maybe some db snatches... it was all going to plan when I walked in the door.  Two big things.  One, I didn't bring all my gear (read, no wrist straps), and two, it was freaking boring.  No music, no coaches, no other athletes, just some guy on a treadmill.  I hated it.  All of it.  didn't help that my wrist started getting sore, but the cool thing, I'm a helluva lot stronger than I would have been had I been doing this all on my own.  I was able to easily hoist up the heaviest dumbells they had.  So, one bright spot this lost week.

Good news.  I'm out of here tomorrow.  Back home, then back to the east coast.  Can't wait.  Friday and Saturday are going to have to be done with some extra gusto to make up for this week...  yay?  

No comments:

Post a Comment