Wednesday, June 17, 2015

And that, as they say, is that

Welp, thats it for my full time status at CrossFit Unlocked.  Going to miss everyone there, a lot.  Not as difficult to say goodbye was it was at Diamond State, but I also had quite a bit more warning.  No tears this time.  Came close, got a Facebook message from THE Big Ticket, telling me he was proud of my effort tonight.  Stuff like that still gets me.  All the time.  LOL.  As narcissistic as I'll tell you I am in person, I'm really not, so things like that make my day... sometimes week. 

Ali told me yesterday to bring my running or rowing shoes, she wasn't kidding.  400m run, 300m run, 200m run, 100m run.  1 minute between each set.  So 1000m total.  I ran, or tried to run all of it.  It sucked... or rather I sucked.  Felt like I was breathing through a sponge the whole time... I guess I haven't quite kicked whatever I've had for a while now...  Anyway, I did it all, slower and not as well as everyone else, but hey, I ran instead of row'd, so we're winning. 

After that, immediately into 9-6-3 of OHS and HSPUs.  I did a lighter OHS weight than normal, I knew I'd be coming in from running and super gassed... and I was.  SO I did it at 75#... It's not super heavy, but in my worn our running shoes, it's hard enough to do.  I can't say I had the best form, but I felt I did a decent, maybe even good job of getting down.  For the HSPU's, I didn't even bother with a box, I just did pushups.  No excuse for it, made a calculated decision based on the running, current shoulder fatigue, and desire to get the workout done. 

After all this, Mark and Michelle just kinda did some kipping deficit HSPU's for fun... One day man, I'll be doing them for fun too, but today I just watched.  I don't recall the height they got to before Michelle's shoulders were touching the plates when her head was.  Mark went a little passed that, stopped at 19".  Then we took a plate off, and he did strict and what I'm guessing was 15".  Impressive stuff. 

After all that said some good byes, got some ideas of when I want to try and come back, and had some Kill Cliff.  On the way back to thoe hotel, I wanted a Sonic double cheeseburger badly... it still sounds good now.  Convenient, tasty, not terribly expensive.  Good sense, and not wanting to earn my food with my workout, I relented and went to Wal-Mart for that rotisserie chicken.  Starts with making better choices.  Probably ends there too.  Ha!

This adventure is over, moving to the next one by the end of the month.  Gerald (last post) says there are two boxes up near the next site that are good, but the awe he had for my Unlocke family makes me wonder if those boxes are going to be good for me.  I've found a spot, CrossFit Soulshine, and they've already been contacted, and they've already responded well.  I feel good about them.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment