Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Reverse burpees eh?

I need to get out the lax ball out, but I've got to write this... so freaking sore.  DOMs is a bisch.   My shoulders hurt... All good though, cause in the end, traps are earned, and this is pain is trap-tastic... I digress. 

Surreal day.  Breakfast at the hotel, met a guy from my company that I didn't know existed, and he wanted to come CrossFit with me.  Whats cool about this, this guy is a Director at my company, and chief nursing officer for my region.  So yeah, taking a bosses bosses boss to CrossFit at Unlocked.  Kinda cool. 

Worked on some back squats tonight.  I hate the new grip/position I'm trying to develop.  Get preoccupied with not dropping the bar.  Form and depth are still great, but my mind is all over the place in the lift.  Didn't help my shoulders were already sore... so that distraction was there too.  I did fine, we went through the WOD, but it still bothers me.  Really, I'm 99% sure it's all mental, I need to spend a few weeks doing squat work with a coach, work on some muscle/movement memory, and this will all be behind me... but I travel for work, so it's likely going to take something else.  LOL.

METCON was spicy.  It's 95 degrees outside the box, no idea what it is inside the box, and we're doing a 12 minute AMRAP tonight.  35 DU's, 7 air squats, 5 reverse burpees, 1 bar muscle up.  Scaled to 70 singles, 7 air squats, 5 regular burpees, and 3 ring rows. 

Workout sucked.  I'm so in love with the Rx jump rope that I used at On Track on Friday, I hate my rope...  but, like things get sometimes, I did some of my best jumping with my current rope tonight.  No idea what to make of it.  The air squats, after squatting with weight, and jumping... suck.  Never like them in AMRAPs.  Now, these reverse burpees.  I tried one, and only one.  I didn't have the legs or a real good rotation to get back up to my feet.  The modified movement of pushing yourself up, not working with my wrist still in straps.  Regular burpees went fine though, think I only stepped up once, maybe twice, made sure to jump and pop tall since I was doing arguably easier work.  The ring rows were ring rows.  Got 4 rounds in.  Not amazing, not awful.  Nasty though.  I'm tired, bossman is tired, everyone in the box is tired.  Good workout. 

Cutting it short tonight, took my contacts out, eyes are tearing up... need to rest'em.  Be back soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment