Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Limiting factors...

I CRUSHED my old OHS (overhead squat) PR today.  50lbs, so yeah, crushed it.  I was feeling good too.  I had the right depth, I wasn't wobbly... I could have done more.  My limiting factor was my shoulders.  80 cleans, the HSPU's, pushups, and rowing yesterday... cut me down a little bit.  Also, I need to keep in mind that I'm trying to use a wider grip push press from behind my neck... and that was what I think the limiting factos were, the fatigue, and the wider push press.  Maybe I could have do a push press from the front?   I had 155 on the bar, and I'm 99% sure I could have squatted it overhead, but I couldn't get it overhead from the rack, so I stopped at 145.  Not a bad way to start the WOD though.  

Rest of it was terrible though, and I knew it would be.  On my way to car this morning, I dropped my water bottle and it rolled under someone elses car.  I had to basically do a burpee to get it (and I knew burpees were coming)... was a little slow getting up, took it as a sign.  LOL. 

I actually took both sets of shoes to the box this morning, but about half way there, it occurred to me that with the jumping rope... I shouldn't even bother changing shoes, I jump better in my lifters... might even do burpees better in them too?  We'll see.  Today's WOD was 500m row, 150DUs and 50 burpees.  We had a big class, so we split into two groups, ended up being guys and girls with the girls going first.  I should have got in that group, but more on that in a second. 

500m went quick.  I knew I was going to out do the other two guys, Rick and Ruben.  Rowing isn't a strong suit per say, but I'm better than a lot of people at it, I've had the practice.  Where I knew I was going to get caught was the jumping... and thats exactly where it happened.  I tried to string together big sets, think the most I got was 15 at one time.  My legs get tired, what can I say.  I could probably make a nasty working with all the things I want to get much better at... burpess, jumping rope, burpees again... moving on. 

Actually, back to the burpees.  Main reason I think I should have gone with the first group.  My burpees are slow, and when I get tired, my counting sucks.  More times than not it's just me getting ahead of myself on what I've done, and then getting further ahead.  Flashbacks to the plate burpees with Jeremy Navarre.  Thought I was done well before I actually was.  I'm not sure how many I did exactly, but I'm sure if I was going with wave 1, I would have finished with the end of wave 2.  I was the last one to finish anyway.  11 minutes and some seconds... 35 maybe?  Appropriately exhausted, however many I did.  Positive note, I jumped up from about half of these instead of that tired ass step up. 

Alright, last thing, then it's off to work.  I want to make something.... like a window decal, or an antenna topper... something to let people know I support them.  What people you ask?  Those people you pass on the road who are out running, walking, or otherwise trying to make their lives better.  I don't feel right honking at them or yelling encouragement out the window.  Waves are ok, when they see them.  IDK.  They motivate me, and I'd like to return the favor somehow....

No comments:

Post a Comment