Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Don't advertise if you aren't selling....

Show'd up tonight ready to put in WORK.  I mean I was in a good mood, and I felt ready.  Hehehe... like a workout with breaks built in, this feeling wasn't going last.  Tonight, we had an all star cast.  Ticket, the Peets, the De Leons, the Navarres... lots of firepower for this WOD.  I'm going to come in dead last, I know it.  LOL

Warmup was a good one... one of those ones that gives you a nice heart rate, good little bit of sweat.... love/hate type of warmup.  After that, some skill work.  Toes to bar, or muscle ups.  I had high goals in my mind.  Thought I might just, maaaaybe, maaaaybe get those toe to the bar.  Yeah, no joy.  I did get some swinging type stuff going, and maybe sorta got the knees towards the elbows.  Still a lot of stomach in the way.  Time to do some real work now.

3 rounds for time.  300m run, 20 power cleans, 10 OHS, 5 HSPU  95/65.  I really toyed with the idea of 95lbs, but remembering back to the day of 80 cleans at 95, I remembered it being awful, with bad form... and then add on the OHS... might be an issue.  So I went with a little bit lighter weight, 75.  Ticket tired, unsuccessfully, but he tried to get me out running.  Apparently someone told him that I'd actually done a little running.  :)

So we started, and the rowing was a little more difficult than it should have been... a sign?  Maybe.  Got to the bar, and somewhere around the first 10 reps, it strikes me that this isn't going to as easy or fun as I thought it would be.  10 more and I'm hurting.  On the OHS... I don't think I did but maybe 1 of them to a decent depth.  Just wasn't moving that well.  HSPU, Dave (coaching tonight) had me set up with the pad RIGHT by the box.  I don't know that it was a very realistic expectation, but I tried.... and it wasn't very good, at all, I think I spent too much time trying to stay close to the box.  My last one was my best one, and then it was off to the rower for round two. 

I'm tired, it's getting late, I'm not going to to into the labored stories of rounds 2 and 3.  My OHS got better and better, especially in round 3.  Finally found a good groove, was able to get low, and stay locked out.  Happy about that.  The HSPU's, got a little deeper, a little better, but I was going quite a bit further out (away from the box) from where I had started. 

15:37.  Not a great time, but not a terrible time.  Probably could have added another 3 or 4 minutes had I gone running.  The rowing caught me a little off guard.  I haven't really had to row much in recent WODs, so I felt a little out of practice. 

Alright, so whats the business about advertising and selling and what not?  Well, like I said, Ticket was here, and he wouldn't shutup about running.  LOL.  I mean afterwards, we're all getting things cleaned up, and he's sitting on a box as I walk by, and he's like lets go run.  50, 100, 400, something.  I told him no.  So then he starts talking about getting outside my comfort zone.  I mumbled alright.  I don't think he heard me.  I could have got away!  Instead I grabbed my other shoes, went back out into the box, put them on, and stepped out in the light sprinkles to do a jog.   Dave P and Ticket accompanied me, Ticket even brought a 45lb plate for fun. 

I didn't tell them what I was going to do, but I was aiming for 200m, which is 100m than last time.  I think we got maybe 30 ft from the box, and both my calves started singing.... and it was one of those songs I haven't heard in ages, let me tell you.  Mind you, we're not going at any sort of real pace, but we are going, and we passed the first marker, and I think Dave and Ticket both thought I was going to turn around there.  Think I got a little bit of "man up" credit by going to the next marker.  LOL.  Got there and made the turn, wasn't planning on stopping, but I got maybe 20 ft from the turnaround, and had to stop.  Both calves were tight... and not just a little tight, I felt like I had two golf ball sized cramps in each calf, one on the left, and the other on the right side... so in both of the gastrocnemius.  I looked it up.  :)  Ended up walking another 20 ft or so, then jogging... or something... the rest of it.  I call it "or something" because I was basically landing on my heel and pushing off of it like I was doing a squat.  Very awkward... anyway... 

Spent a lot of time stretching, rolling, and otherwise getting the little knots out of my calves.  And for all the crap that I went through to do it... I'm kind happy I did it.  I wont tell him, but Ticket is right to push me a bit more.  I still don't plan on running during WODs full time, or even part time for a while longer, but the day to going back to it is closer than it was 2 months ago.  Really, it just comes down to the knees.  I still think the running I did when I started hosed me for a little bit... we'll see.  Everything still works... yeah, we'll see. 

Went to dinner with the family... place called... Arenas?  I can't remember.  I do recall it being 1/2 price sandwich night (from previous conversation), and with nothing between me and the hotel but a bunch of fast food, I figured I'd give it a shot.  Kinda invited myself anyway, saw people following each other, so I followed them.  LOL.  It worked out, got some grub that wasn't fast food, at least not fully.  We'll call it medium speed?  Ok, no, I'm clearly too tired, I'm making up stuff now...

No comments:

Post a Comment