Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ninja Training

At least thats what they called it on WODTogether.  Tonight the box was packed... actually, no, it wasn't.  I got there are I felt like I was going to be the only person... turns out I wasn't, Shannon showed up too, but that was it.  Cherry pickers, the lot of them... Mmmmmamaaaaaaaybe we can excuse it for spring break, maybe... but I'm not buying it.  I think people are scared of what they might become, I mean it is ninja training. 

Warmup sucked.  I mean it wasn't hard, but it wasn't fun.  Three rounds of DU's, Russian twists, and walking lunges.  Someone is quad happy this week.  Front squats yesterday, the DU's and box jumps on Monday... and today is a nasty workout.  45-35-25-15-5 air squats (yay!  quads!), along with 5-10-15-20-25 burpees, and then for fun, 20 situps between rounds. 

I could tell you tales of woe, how this was very difficult for me.  I could tell you how I struggled early, and often.  I could tell you how my gameplan was to go fast on these burpees, just like I did with Kelly on Monday... I could tell you a lot of things.  Truth of it is, it was a slow, painful process.  My squats were ok, but my burpees were slow as hell.  I didn't hop up by maybe once.  Thats a lot of damn burpees to step up for.  Sooooo tired.  Squats killed my quads, which killed my burpees.  Viscous cycle.  Anyway, I wanted to cheat soooo badly, but Jeremy Navarre was running the show, and between him, being one of two people doing it, and my own pride, I didn't.  I'll wish I had in about 18 more hours, but today, I'm happy I didn't. 

27:07.  No world record, but I did it all.  And I'm an idiot for it.  I wore my New Balance shoes... and I'm going to feel these squats.  I'll be very sore very soon, I already know.  Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment