Thursday, April 2, 2015

Is he still talking about 15.5? Get over it already...

Sometimes, when you don't want to workout, and you go, it's turns into something awesome... and sometimes not.  This was a not day for me.  Truthfully, I wasn't planning on going, but I woke up at 0444, and just stared at the clock for a minute... decided that it must be a sign and got up.  Really, I should have taken my tired butt back to sleep.  Another evening of working till midnight in the hotel room... yeah, I should have slept.  Drove to the box, secretly hoping no one was there... saw Jeffs vehicle from a mile away... schucks.  Oh well.  

Got to the box and I'm sore and creaky.  Walking was rough yesterday (let alone done anything else), my hammys are now in on the act... falling apart.  So I get there, and get some stretching going, trying to loosen up.  Today is a 1RM Snatch day.  Didn't specify, so I'm thinking I'll try squat snatching.  Do some oly stretching, trying to get my quads and everything firing, ready for some good work... and I get everything pretty well stretched, but my knee is still bugging me.... nagging me.   

Looking back this morning, I don't think I did enough warming up, or mobility work, especially getting ready for something like squat snatching... have to make a mental note to work on more of that before....  That combined with being Thursday after a long work week, makes me think that maaaaaybe Thursday morning isn't the best time for me to WOD... at the same time, I didn't do anything on Wednesday... so maybe it's ok and I'm just worn out? 

I didn't look before hand, but I knew my snatch's were two of my weaker movements, so I started light (the bar) and added 2 10's, then 2 15's (in addition to the 10's, and then 2 more 10's...  didn't get under that last set.  So I took everything off, put on plain ol' 25's, and did another squat snatch.  Added 2 10's back and couldn't convince myself to get under the bar.  So I tried to just power snatch it, and I did this sort of snatch jerk thing... my speed in turning it over is non-existent today...  I just updated the chart though, 95 is now a new official PR for the snatch.  I think if I'd done this in the afternoon, or maybe say tomorrow, I could have hit 125, or maybe even 135.  Tank was empty.

WOD was 400m run (500m row), 2 legless rope climbs (or 40 mountain climbers for me).  Nice little burner workout.  Didn't happen.  My knee has been feeling a lot like it felt Wednesday last week, so I jumped on a foam roller instead, trying to work that out.  It feels better right now, we'll see.  Need more work, may go in at a random time on Friday at On Track to see what I can do to work this back out to something normal.  15.5, the legacy lives on...  

This weekend is going to be another sleep deprivation survival exercise I think.  Get home late from DE tonight, up early for work tomorrow.  Possibly up all night Friday with the 5 week old, mommy is doing a sleep study... which means maaaaaaybe I'll sleep all day Saturday... but I've got other things I need to be doing while I'm home.  Guess we'll see.  Sleep is about to become priority one.  In other news, my man Brian Polla has reached back out to me, checking in on me, wanting to know what he can do to help me stay accountable with the food.  I have some ideas, but I don't know... if I knew what 100% worked to keep me motivated and accountable, I probably wouldn't be sitting here writing about this... Toying with making my food log public and paying some money into a charity pot for each awful decision (eating half a pizza, pasta helper thingy with biscuits, and other carb bombs).  I'll follow up on that later. 

Not much else to add... after the workout this morning, I used something, think it was called The Stick: Travel Stick or something like that, linked it with a website... but I used that bad boy, it hurt, but my quads feel fantastic at the moment.  I might have to buy one and put it in my travel bag.  Man I'm ready for my airplane nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment