Tuesday, April 28, 2015

200

Thats it.  200 steps, thats all I did tonight.  More on that in a short bit.  This is a conversion week this week, and that means 12-14 hour days.  That also means it going to be very hard to get to the box.  Being a bit of a problem solver, I thought it might be a good idea to bring the box to me.  So I texted the master of body weight workouts, Dave P, and asked him for a quick WOD I could do at the hotel, and boy, did he deliver.

5 rounds for time.  Bottom floor to the top floor, 10 air squats when you get to the top.  Oh, and try not to hold onto the rail.  Alright, I can do that.

Didn't do much warming up, didn't think I'd need it... and maybe I did... or didn't, not sure.  So I get to the bottom of the stairs (I typically stay on the second floor), take a deep breath, and here we go.  I jogged up the stairs.  Feeling good, moving good.  Theeeeeen we got to the squats.  Owie!  These first 10 were rough, not a good sign of the things to come.  Turn and burn back down the stairs.

I actually counted the stairs before I started, 200.  As soon as I touched the bottom, turn and burn... except the burn wasn't speed this time, it was the acid in the quads.  Got to the top, oh man oh man oh man, those squats were brutal.  Typical air squat form was gone, replaced by something else, I think they call it pain.  LOL.  Going back downstairs was suddenly very very difficult.  No handrails is out. I needed all the stability I could going downstairs. 

The following three rounds were all mental.  Going up the stairs was easy, no handrail needed.  The hard parts were the squats and going back down.  I'm not terribly proud of my time, I think I can take a bit off of it.  7:21.  I'm pretty sure I can shave 30 seconds just by speeding up my descent and air squats a little bit. 

I texted the Quad Killer back with my time, and that I did it.... I actually started the text with "I thought we were friends".  HAHA.  Later told him that my quads were trying to secede, and that they had a pretty good case.  I think they'll stay, but we'll see what the vote comes to in the morning.

Happy I got to get something in.  Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll get to get to Unlocked tomorrow, if not, I'll text Dave again and see what sort of nastiness he can come up with.    

Other news.  My peoples (Amanda) at On Track sent me an email this week.  "We miss you".  I was a little surprised, I'll confess.  On Track doesn't use a WOD tracking software (that I know of), so the fact that noticed I hadn't been around... I felt kinda special.  And then I felt bad.  She was right, I haven't been around, using my lack of sleep and general laziness on the weekends as an excuse.  No mas.  Wife and several DE readers have also given me a little salt about that as well this past week... confluence of people, I love you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment