Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How do I rate my Open?

Not sure where to start this one... so I'll go back to the Open.  I've triewshownd looking up scores, and I can't tell where I've landed.  There are MANY athlets that I know are better than me, that missed a score entry on their Open, and their scores aren't fully calculated because they didn't finish... So I don't feel my score fully shows where I'm at in the world... at least not fully.  The math I did in my region, and on the world scale had me in roughly the top 13% in both the world and my region... and I know that can't be right... I did one workout Rx, just one, and had I done it scaled, I'd have been scored in the scaled division... I think... idk.  everything is a confusing mess... aye yay yaaaay.  Lets start over...

So, wasn't terribly sore today.  Calf was tight all day, and as the day wore on, DOMS started setting in.  Was ready to get to the box so I could start stretching and rolling out my quads... really I was ready for it when I woke up.... anyway....  Got to the box, and by now, quads are tight.  Going through he stretching paces, made sure to spend some extra time on the shoulders and quads.  Didn't help with tihs workout much, but it felt ... well no, I was doing smashes... so it didn't even feel good... but it felt needed.  There we go.  Todays WOD was two parts power clean, and one part pain.  :P

Strength, work up to a heavy power clean.  1RM type effort.  I started light, already had the wraps on, and started pulling.  75, 95, 125... 125 was heavy.  I was a bit flabbergasted by how heavy it seemed.  Looking back, I think it was probably me doing muscle cleans instead of power cleans (a little dip in the catch).  I reverted back to my heavy lifting strategery of not counting the weight after I'd gotten close to my 1RM.  I knew I was at 165, but after that I started using 2.5's and 5's on the edges.  I knew I was in PR territory, and I kept going up, 5lbs at a time, so while I knew I was up there, I didn't know how much.  After 4 weight changes, I was done.  I probably coul dhave done more, but I was certain that was at least 3 different PR's...maybe 4.  If you don't recall, I'll take the time to remind folks that I can't seem to measure weigh effectively when it comes to cleans.  I actually asked someone else to count it form me to make sure.  185.  20lb PR.  Not too shabby... now I just need to get under the bar, and that can be my new squat clean PR as well ;)

Workout was a bit nasty.  Good workout, ready for it.  Went 10 power cleans 2 ring rows, 8 cleans 4 rows, 6 cleans 6 rows, 4 and 8, 2 and 10.  Weight going up as reps went down.  I couldn't do the weight on the board.  Brian, who's coaching tonight asks me what my max is.... I give him the new max.  He then gave me my old max as my 2 rep, and then we went down.  The workout wasn't overly difficult... it got heavy real quick.  I did have a time, on the 4-8 set, that I put the wrong amount of weight on the bar.  I had an extra 5 lbs on the left that wasn't on the right.  I tried to clean it, bar was waaaaay low on the heavy side.  The next 3 were all fine, but that first one was bad... it wasn't until I was getting ready for the set of 2 that I noticed I had more weight on one side than the other... a big "Ah ha!" moment, let me tell you.  The only other notes from this workout... I didn't hit either of the 2 reps that were my old PR... I was dead at that point.  11:29 was my final time. 

Great workout... I always enjoy the balance of Brian's workouts (when he programs).  Tomorrows WOD looks like it would be awesomely awful, and fun.  I don't think I'm going to make it though.  Work people want to go to this place called Old Mill tomorrow night... first chance to have crab, decided to take them up on it... I mean if I'm feeling good, not terribly sore in the AM, then I'll do, but judging by the continued onset of soreness... I don't think I'm going to make it. 

Back to the Open for a quick sec, I'm glad I did it, I know I did better than several folks...just wish it was a bit clearer exactly how well I did vs everyone, not just "several folks"...

No comments:

Post a Comment