Sunday, March 1, 2015

I have a nemisis!

Didn't get to 15.1 on Friday with almost everyone else... which sucked.  Went on Saturday, planned on doing it then.  Was talking to the coach about it... and she gave me an "I'm not a morning person" response.... we'll leave it at that, I did what the class was doing, which was a 4 station 2 minute per station rotation.  About half way through she changed her mind, told me to use that as my warm up for 15.1  sweet...ish.  The stations were hollow rocks, DU's, rowing, and a sled pull.  I slowed down a bit for them, but didn't slow down much... kept up a good pace, pulled a good weight on the sleds, etc etc. 
After the 24 minutes, the rest of the class did some tabata work, and I started getting my weights ready for 15.1... and there is this tightness in my shoulder.  After the class is done, I talk to coach about it, and she'd rather I err on the side of caution, and wait till Monday.  I think I could have gone through it... and maybe I should have, cause I'm messed up right now.  My shoulder is tight and super aggravated.  I think it was the sled pulls... I've never done sled pulls... not sure what it was, but yeah, I'm hurting... and I still haven't done 15.1.  I need to get fixed by Monday.  Already been to the chiro's once, might go again tonight.  Only got one more day, ya know. 

To the nemesis part. 

Ali had Frasier, Kirk had Kahn, Batman had Joker, Celtics have the Lakers, Ravens have the Steelers, etc etc.  I've got Justin Null.  :)  I mentioned him in a blog a few weeks back, he's got a FB page called building a better Justin.  Dude has lost 122lbs in 5 months.  ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO in 5 months.  Effing ridiculous.  Amazing really.  I asked him about it on his page, frankly, I want his results too... I got back "hard work and dedication bro" or something like that.  C'mon man. 

Didn't like the response... I feel like there has to be something to it.  Is he eating bags of brussel sprouts?  Does he eat Kale shakes 3x a day?  Is it pounding bottles of "high energy fat burner" pills?  Maybe it's a combination of those things, or none of them?  I'm sure living at home and not traveling makes it a lot easier to do, but I suspect there is a little something else... thats A LOT of weight in such a short time....   idk, I was just looking for more is all I'm saying.  LOL.   

He's already posted his 15.1 score, and I saw it Friday, but I don't recall it off hand...but I'm out to beat it.  :)   Nemesis is probably a strong word, but he's the guy who's closest to me that I know, or "know", and it's good to have someone to go against.

No comments:

Post a Comment