Thursday, March 26, 2015

4:51

Wasn't feeling life yesterday... and part of that is the lack of sleep, the other part I feel was diet.  I've been eating poorly this week, but not in the traditional "ah dang, that pizza just jumped in my mouth" poorly, but more of the I didn't eat enough calories poorly.  Before dinner yesterday, I had 2 or 3 of the little giant steamers (around 100 calories each), a Styrofoam plate of sugar snap peas, an apple, 2 monster rehabs (10 calories each), and a 3 egg omelet from the hospital.  Writing it all out, it looks like a lot, but I think that was maybe 1200 calories.  I'm working too hard to not get the nutritional benefits from food. 

I really didn't feel like going in last night, I wont say I felt sick, but I was feeling pretty rundown.  Probably shouldn't have gone to be honest.  Got there, and my game plan was to row for the entire workout, till the last person was done with the WOD.  Figured it would be 10 to 15 minutes, and that would work, I haven't rowed that long... ever, so it would work for a good working rest day. 

Do the group warmup... but still don't feel very warmed up.  It's a single WOD experience today, no delegated strength or METCON, but one "big" workout.  Deadlifts, some double unders, some running and finishing with situps.  So everyone is getting ready, I've got my rower out, and we're off...  I took it easy, and then, like what normally happens, I get over 600m and I'm thinking about the sprint to get to 1k.  Happened again, didn't hit my PR, but didn't miss it by much.  Kept rowing after that, then at 4:51, I stopped.  Pain... strain... something.  My knee, or more specifically, the ligaments behind my knee on the inside (don't know the name) felt..... wrong. 

So I stopped.  Didn't even get my full day off workout in.  And now I'm limping.  This sucks.  I put up the rower, and I help clean up peoples barbells.  Not very happy about it.

Still limping a little today, took some ibuprofen, hope it goes away before 15.5 on Friday.  We'll see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment