Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Back On Track (part 1/2)

HEY!  Hope everyone had a great Christmas or other chosen holiday.  It's all in good holiday cheer, don't be one of the chronically offended.  Moving on...it's been a busy week +.  Moved into our new house, have new house issues, work is calling me on my days off... busy.  Onto the wonderful work of blogging about it.

Haven't eaten the best this past week... we're going to say past week, but really we're talking like 10 days, give or take.  I also haven't eaten the worst.  Christmas Day was the worst offender by far, creamy corn, potatoes, more potatoes, some cheesy spinach, more potatoes... but no soda.  The only sugary drink I've had have been little 12oz bottles of G2 Gatorade.  They say low calorie if that gets me any bonus points.  Next week it's back on the road... maybe everything will magically fall back into place by then?

So I stopped by On Track this last Saturday... I'm just going to shorten them to OT....  stopped by between the classes (near as I could tell online) and there were a lot of people there.  Felt a lot like the first time at Diamond State, or even Establish.  Nervous, no idea whats waiting on the other side of the door...  Turns out, much like the other boxes, there are people and tools on the other side of the door... go figure.  Met a coach, Reggie I believe his name was, and he seemed like a good sort.  Easy smile, friendly, I liked him immediately.  We dug around, couldn't find the waiver forms and the owners/office managers Brian and Amanda weren't yet in, so I chatted with Reggie for a bit and was going to come back Sunday.  Missed Sunday, emailed Amanda at some point, and we were going to meet up this week sometime... well, I made that this morning. 

...and I just missed Brian.  LOL.  He'd just run a local spot to get his beverage of choice.  Few minutes later he was back, and I got to chat with him a little bit.  We didn't get to go over everything, he had a previous appointment I'd stolen him away from, and I had other places to be as well.  We did agree on me coming back in tonight at 6pm for a beginners class, so that should explain the part 1/2 for most folks...and the back on track... going to Crossfit On Track... so I'm getting back on track... get it?  No?  ....

Anyway, I've got some nervous anticipation for tonight's beginner class.   Brian thought it would be better if I went through that.  I think part of it is a check to make sure I am who I say I am, and another part to just see me move around.  It's probably a good idea all around, I'm not offended....and I don't think I should be.  To be honest, it's been "a week", I could be pretty rusty.  Something else to consider, I think they do a little bit more than a lot of other boxes when I look at their WODs online.  I could use a few days to work back up to that load.

In the end I'm excited, I'm ready to get to work.  See you on the other side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment