Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ready to go home after this week...

I'm smoked right now.  I probably shouldn't have even gone... and to be honest, during warmups, I was really asking myself what I was doing there.  And it wasn't a Karen-esque 50 wallballs, just KB swings, KB lunges, and something else to wake my shoulders up.... sore all over today, and yet I went back.  I've got to get back into the 3-4 days a week.  The whole 1-2, maybe 3 times thing over the month of November.  No pain not gain, or something like that. 

Lets jump right in to the work...  10 minute EMOM of dips and thrusters.  4 reps each.  I didn't do the thrusters RX (115 I think)...  and the dips were on a box.  It was rough, my first round of thrusters were slow, which wasn't abnormal, but man that push press part was bad... idk.  I HAVE to get faster.  I did get faster today.  As we got further along, I made every effort to go faster, and you know what, I did.  None of them were as slow as the first one, and that made me happier with it. 

Alright, so we get that done, and it's on to the main event.  A 1000m row, 3 rounds of 10 box jumps, 15 KB swings, 20 situps.  The whole "I HAVE to go faster"... right out the window....after I PRd my 1000m row.  :D 

And to be honest, I rowed badly.  I started out pulling at 30 strokes a minute, I wasn't looking at the rower, I was looking everywhere else BUT at the display.  When I finally looked down, I saw that 30 and dialed it back....and then I started getting winded.  1 second break.  1 second break.  The lack of sleep, the being tired already... it was really catching up tonight.  2 minutes go by, then the 3rd minute hits.  I'm in the 800's... this is starting to look a lot like the last time I rowed 1000m.  Last time though, I pulled as hard and as fast as I could.  This time, I kept my pace.  I pulled harder, but I didn't mess with the rhythm.  I beat my last PR by a full 10 seconds.  3:51.  And remember, I didn't feel like I did very well. 

Right, so I sat on the rower sucking air for 10-20 seconds.  Finally get up and grab a smaller box.  I had a 20" one, but there is no way I'm going to be able to step up on that 30 times.  I grabbed a 12"... it wasn't hard enough, but in the same breath, it was enough.  The KB I was swinging WAS light, I wanted to be able to go faster.  Every time I swung it, I thought I should have manned up an used the RX weight.  The situps were situps. 

I cheated tonight.  I debated 5 minutes here before writing this... and I don't know why.  This is supposed to be a very honest trip through CrossFit... and I flubbed my numbers tonight.  Still ended up dead last.  Not that I was trying to beat everyone, or anyone, but myself... so maybe I didn't cheat so much as I scaled when I needed to?  I really don't know which answer is 100% right, and maybe neither are fully true, perhaps the answer lies somewhere in the middle. 

Either way, near the end of some sets, I stopped early.  The situps were the biggest thing.  5 short the first two sets, did all 20 at the end.  I don't have any good excuses, it hurt, and I was tired.  I'll get better.  My promise to myself, and to you.  Ended up just shy of 13 minutes total (with 1k row).  Never caught my breath, 2nd off the rowers, last total....and the guy who was first SMOKED everyone.  LOL.  Oh, and he's sick by the way.  Crazy.  I'll get there. 

Alright, it's late, I'm tired as hell, I need a full nights sleep.  Wont happen tonight either, but this weekend I'm catching up so I'm good to go next week.  I had entertained the idea of working out tomorrow morning, but that monster (I just looked) is nothing I can handle at this point in the week, with where I'm at.  That workout I told you Ticket was doing while I was doing the 3-5minute AMRAPS... yeah, thats on the board for tomorrow.  The first two things were going to be rough, but this third item (of 7) was this:

80 reps of burpee 

No, just... no, hell no.  It's a 20 minute AMRAP of some crazy things, but that 80 burpees would be the end of me... and with that, I'm going to bed.  Just knowing I don't have to do that... I'm suddenly much happier.  Good luck tomorrow at Unlocked guys... you'll need it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment