Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2 of 17

I failed to finish the WOD today... been kinda beat up.  Slept on my shoulder funny (I think), need to see the chiro soon...tomorrow maybe.  So I missed Tuesdays WOD, it had thrusters and what would have been ring rows... not exactly shoulder friendly things....

Got to EST plenty early today, wanted to lax ball the heck out of my shoulder that has been ailing... and lax ball I did.  A few times had that quick intake of breath, it hurt so badly.  Kept at it for 10 long, agonizing minutes.  Felt quite a bit better, had most of the mobility back, was feeling good about getting everything done today. 

Last post, you might have noticed that 50# front squat PR.  Good stuff.  Todays strength was a 1RM of the back squat.  Shoulder or no shoulder, I wanted to get something similar to a 50lb PR.  Started lighter than I probably should have, but I kept a steady increase on the weights.  Unlike last time, I had a good idea where I was at.  I had a goal in mind. 

I think I said it before, but I'm too lazy to go look... but 200lbs is my goal weight for every movement.  The movements I've got in mind so far, and I may add/remove as I get better:

Push Press
Strict Press
Jerk Press
Bench Press
Overhead Squat
Front Squat
Back Squat
Hang Clean
Power Clean
Squat Clean
Hang Snatch
Power Snatch
Squat Snatch
Deadlifts
Thrusters
Bear Complex
Shankle Complex
Turkish Get U..... uh no.  LOL.  That may get added, but right now thats a hell no. 

There are other things that will be in there by association... like Snatch Balances... and I'm sure I'll add other complexes as I find them.  But thats the list so far.  17 items.  Today, I crossed off number 2.  My previous written PR for back squats was something around 135, miiiiiiiight have ben 155.  I can't find it anywhere... but my new PR is 215, I've got that written down.  80lbs if we go by the original number.  Oh.  Yeah. 

I was all smiles.  Broke that 200 barrier....and it was a crazy PR.  Little bit of hard work pays off.  #HWPO

After the lifts, my knee felt a little wonky...so I didn't do the WOD, box jumps and rowing might have made things worse, so I shut it down early, and in a minute here I'm going to have the knee up and iced for the first time in a while....might become more regular...should become more regular.  Need to get them Rehbands as well. 

Two down, seventeen to go.  With the NFL starting up this week, quote the famous/infamous Bart Scott again.  #CANTWAIT for number three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment