Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The day I almost got my first double under

Whats up people?  Been a good day for me.  Sore.  Sore from yesterday actually.  That full motion push-up...yeah, my pecks...or where they're going to be, still sore from yesterday.  That good kind of sore.  Oh man, yeah, sore, but ready for todays WOD.  And it was a nasty one.

Not nasty girls nasty, but nasty all the same.  Here's the breakdown:
A.
20 min EMOM
odd – 3 Power Snatch 95/65
even – 20 DU
B.
16 min EMOM
odd – 5 Power Cleans
even – 4 Bar Over Burpees

The snatches were ok...too light, I should have gone for Rx...well, I say too light, they were gassing me all the same.  The double unders...progress in that I found a heavy rope, and did a lot more single unders...more than I'd done before.  So I'm making progress.  I tried doing at least one double under in the later sets.  I got sooo close man.  I mean stepping on the rope close.  So I'm at least celebrating that Ive gotten close.  It wouldn't have been a real double under...I haven't quite gotten the form, but I was trying to get that rope under twice.  Soon, very soon, just a little more practice, I can feel it.

B side.

We had a short break.  Power Cleans and bar over burpees... this power clean stuff wasn't so bad, I stuck with the lighter weight.  The burpees...gassed me out man.  This workout was a struggle.  Knock down, drag'em out, last man standing kind of struggle.  I didn't win, but I survived.... came down to breathing right, which I still don't have figured out.  A couple of rounds I only did 3 burpees, or sometimes 2.  2 rounds I didn't do any burpees, I just tried to get my breath back.  But I finished it.  Finished strong, and was a mess when it was all over. 

When I say I mess, I mean I had pool shirt problems.  That "I just jumped in the pool with my shirt on" problems.  Not a dry spot on the undershirt, and not many dry spots on the sleeveless over the top either.  Raggedy breathing.  Whoooo.  A mess.  I found a new limit though, something from this workout hurt me deeply.  I didn't quite have a dimming of my vision, but I feel like I got close.  Not sure if I'd call it light headed or what.  Might be blood sugar or something...idk, but after a few minutes of cleaning up and walking around, I had to sit down for a minute, make sure I wasn't going to fall over.  Some Myoplex and water later, all good.  Something I'll have to keep an eye on for sure. 

Every day I'm getting stronger, every day getting better.  Bring on tomorrow baby, I'm ready. 

Parting thought, every WOD I end up looking up the lifts and things I don't know, all the time.  Even things I do know.  Is that normal?  Eh, I don't care if it's normal, but am I the only one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment