Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Aftermath of Kneemageddon



Ok, so it's been a little longer than a day, I didn't come out swinging for a workout after that knee stuff.  I'm a little mental still, I still shiver thinking about that shot...

It's all good though, rolled into the evening open gym, set something up with AG that was above the waist.  Did some stretching first, lots of progressively heavier bench pressing.  DB shoulder presses with ring rows between sets.  Solid workout from a "whats your bench bro" perspective.  Appropriate weights and reps, my arms and shoulders are beat up now.  I feel good, ready to see what we come up with tomorrow.

Getting back to the box was therapeutic though.  Wednesday evening (last night) seemed very long, like I had a ton of extra time from not going and working out.  It was nice, but at the same time I had no idea what to do with myself.  Walking back in the box tonight felt a lot like pulling something like sweats out of the dryer in the middle of winter.  Instant mmm hmmm, this is where I'm supposed to be.  Love that I feel that way about the box here in KC.  It took a few weeks, but CFDS was the same way.  Walk in, take a deep breath and smell that unique box smell.  Time to put in some work.

More than anything the post is to confirm/reaffirm what I've been telling ya'll all along, I'm incredibly resilient, and I bounce back pretty quick.  Might get one more touchy feely post before it's back to killing the WODs.  haha.  Ok, before it's back to doing full WODs.  Monday can't get here soon enough...strange to think I'm looking forward to a Monday, but by then, my doctor mandated "take it easy" period will be over.  I'm sure the inflammation will be down, and then it's back to 'bidness'.

In the immortal words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment