Monday, June 2, 2014

Can we call her Gerty?

Busy weekend for everyone it seems.  Not me.  I was a BUM.  Think I slept till noon one day after going to bed at 1am... must have needed the sleep.  Knees felt great till today... who knows.  Feel pretty good after todays attempt to crush my soul failed.  It's not like my body, gravity, and the ground didn't try to stop me... but they can't stop me, they can only hope to contain me.  Man that sounded way more BA in my head. 

We're going to hop right into because I need to get to a recliner and get the icing started.  WOD today was looking for your max 1RM back squat.  Didn't find it today, but I know I got close because on a 2 count, I had some problems, but I also had poo poo form, so I went a tad lighter to get the form right.  165 was the 2 rounder, I think when I try this again, 180 should be the number...actually, it will be closer to 200, cause I'm only getting stronger.  200+459 will = Daymn.  459...still a stupid high number, but it's 6 lbs lighter than two weeks ago, so I'll take it.  Going to say something crazy now...I want to lose 19 lbs this month.  And not just the I sat in the sauna and sweat it off kind, I want to grind them out one lb at a time.  #HWPO

The wonderful METCON today....I saw it last night.  Looked like something deserving of a name and a "for time" designation.  I'm going to call it Gerty (Ms. Gertrude if your nasty), cause she's Fran's ugly step-sister.  Behold:

3 Rounds
-Row 400m
-15 burpees
-18 box jump on and overs 24/20
-21 KBS 53/35
-24 wall balls 20/14
-rest 5mins between sets.  


It's getting hot outside, and I swear we're doing MORE.  Not complaining so much as I'm noting it for the record.  LOL.  I'm not to this level yet...at least not in a decent amount of time, this is like Murph, I think I can finish, but it's going to take longer than I've got.  Went with a 10-12-14-16 approach.  Started with the burpees.  I worked on it (mentally), and I can get the first 5-7 out quite a bit faster than before.  Gets me excited.  

Box over jump thingys...I mixed and matched, sometimes I'd just do step ups, sometimes I'd do step overs.  It's amazing how much more the overs seem to take out of me.  KB swings.  I think the weight I use is appropriate, but I also think I can use something heavier... next time I'm going to go up a size and see.  As long as my form is right, I don't care so much about the being worn out.  

Wall balls.  No box for me, but still more coaching this week.  I must not have listened as well the first time, because AG had to come back more than once... 20 lbs might be pushing it a tad much...on the last one I had what was a green ball, not sure what it weighed, but it was like a toy compared to the 20lb black ball.  I tossed it well over the mark the first time, kinda "oopsed" it.  HAHA.  Form was better though.  

My times weren't great, but I was competitive with people like my man Scott, whom I really want to refer to as the professor.  A lot of his movements are very technically sound to my eyes...maybe thats what it is.  Back to the times, I was fairly competitive with his times, but still slow.  Patience Daniel-son, you'll get there (and beyond) soon enough. 

More to say, but it will have to wait till tomorrow...passing thought is that I should take a day before I publish these and proof read them.  Quality may be going up in the future.  Keep your eyes peeled.  

Cheers!

TCN 

No comments:

Post a Comment