Friday, June 20, 2014

The click

Oh man.  5 in a row, and I'm beat.  Today was tough, I didn't get enough sleep the night before, and I'm carrying some fatigue from the days before.  Oh, and then there is the fact I'm on my 4th or maybe 5th choice of shirts/shorts for working out....I missed the laundry bell and am scraping the bottom of my clothing options.  Laymans terms, I'm wearing hotter stuff than normal.  So it's hot and steamy in the box, and I'm wearing some of the heaviest clothes I own... and I'm tired.  Challenge accepted. 

Todays workout was pretty straight forward.  Front squats.  Did a lighter weight, but focused on the form... and it's getting better.  Squats were still tough, still working on getting those elbows up.  Even the "light" weight I was doing was rough today, but I got it done, and had pretty good form throughout.  Knees are feeling great, was getting low, awesome.  Happy with it, even if it was challenging.  

Three rounds for time, 14 wall balls, 14 pullups.  Knees aren't feeling so good now.  LOL.  Scaled the pullups to my favorite activity, ring rows.  *insert eye roll*  I think one day soon, I may try a couple of bands together, and see if maybe, just maaaaybe I can do a banded pullup.  Could still be a while out, we'll see.  Back to the WOD...it kicked my butt...heck, it kicked everyones butt.  Lots of  "we made it" smiles at the end of the WOD.  Great attitudes for being in the greenhouse of a box we were in.  A real sweatopia. 

Actually, I had an epiphany...no, wrong word I think, anyway...I've been having these things fairly regularly now...while I was doing wall balls, I had "the click".  Let me explain.  I tend to watch videos a few times a week on lifts, technique, things like that.  One of the things I've seen, and had explained to me about wall balls, was making sure you use the posterior chain to push your butt back up.  I have a bad habit of pushing from my mid foot, so I leave some of that power on the table.  A few times today, towards the end, I forgot everything I knew, and just tried it the way I've been told....and it was different, better...and it clicked, I was like 'ah ha', thats what I'm supposed to be doing.  Feeling the whole posterior chain work was awesome.  Only lasted a few movements, then fatigue pulled me out of that grove, but it was great to feel/experience that.  Having those moments where my ability and movement mirrors the technique I'm taught... it's awesome. 

Parting thoughts, could have used the oly's today, but I still don't have them laced up, it was a late night last night.  Soon though.  Ready to get my nano's as well.  Probably go with the inexpensive 2.0's.  I've already got the color scheme in my head. 

Have a great weekend, whatever you're doing.

tcn

No comments:

Post a Comment