Saturday, July 25, 2015

Moving a desk...

Finally got back in the box.  Took the vacation seriously, and then there was the whole funeral part... so I'm pretty rested.  Or so I thought.  I actually worked out yesterday, and A LOT has happened since I went to the box.  So I'm going to give you the cliff notes version of things.

Got there early to go over the food intake with Madison.  Had a bad week, I'm up on two of the seven measurements...could be worse.  We chatted a bit more, it's my last week, and I've been encouraged to eat with a purpose (paraphrased), so I'm going to reset my mind.

Segue's into a new supplement that seems to be taking the box by storm.  Ketosis, or keto os... or something.  People say after a week or so of the supplement, they're seeing an increase in performance, mental focus, and other indicators that it's working.  It's definitely on my "to try list".... I've heard it encourages weight loss as well. 

Alright, so after talking with Madison, worked on loosening up.  My shoulder was tender this morning, first time since Tuesday when I saw the chiropractor.  I used the lax ball a bit, and did some other stuff to it, thought it would be just fine... I was wrong.  Warmup was inch worms, air squats, pushups, strict press with an empty barbell, and then some single unders.  Good stuff to get everything ready and moving.  The Rx jump rope that I was hoping was still there (so I could measure and order my own) has since disappeared.  Pitty, I really liked it.  Hope it shows up again soon.

With the level I and II classes combined, we did combined workouts.  The first one was HSPU's or the strength equivalent.  For some people, that was holding a plank on a box or other elevated surface.  For me, it was sort of a static wall walk.  Two things I took away from this.  A, it's hot, like nasty hot, and I'm generating sweat like car AC in the summer.  B, I'm further up the wall than I've ever been.  Don't know if thats cause I was trying to NOT walk up the wall, or if that was because I'm actually stronger than I've been before?  Either way, it was kinda cool...wish I had a picture, to see how not vertical I am.  LOL.  The level II's did deficit HSPU's after that, the I's, which I fell into today, had to find a 3RM for strict pressing.  Ended up at 115 for a 3, and it was a solid, heavy 3.  None of that head waaaay back trying to get it up by any means necessary.  I think I can beat my 1RM by 20lbs next time we test.  We'll see.

After that, the whole class did 3 rounds of 10 reps of strict press.  I dropped it back down to 75.  I got 2 rounds well... and it wasn't till the 6th (on the first) or the 7th (on the second) rep that I had to stop and rest in the front rack... my shoulders are howling at this point, but I finished both rounds.  The third round, I made it to 5, and was struggling mightily.  I started to lean back to push it up... wasn't a good look, so I stopped there.  Close enough to failure for me.  Thats when I felt it, just a little bit... right side, behind the trap... something...

The WOD is simple, and easy... well "easy" in CrossFit language.  12 minute AMRAP of 15 abmat situps, 20 KB swings, 30 DU's.  I won't bore you with the round by rounds, I made it to the start of 3... then I stopped.... I did myself in.  First mistake, was grabbing a heavier KB than I meant to.  I thought I'd grabbed a 44.... don't even know if On Track HAS a 44... It was a 55.  LOL.  So after the first round, I downgraded to a 35.  The other thing would be the swinging arms of abmat situps.  After that second set of jumping, I was done.  I walked right over to the lax ball box, grabbed one, and went to town on the wall.  OH it hurt, so bad, but it got the job done... for about 2 minutes, then I did it again.  Brian came over at one point, to make sure I was alright, and I think to make sure I was going after the right areas.  It's nice knowing the coaches care right? 

Cleaned up, and that was that.  By the time I got home, my neck and shoulder were killing me.  I already had a lunch lined up with the chiro, so I figured after that, I'd swing by and get adjusted.  Lunch sucked... I mean the food and company were quite good, but I was leaning forward and hunched forward the whole time.  The adjustment was pretty brutal... never really relaxed, but we got a few things out.  Today, a day later, I'm sore all over and my shoulder is back to hurting... chiro is in DC though, so if I can't get my massage therapist brother over, I'm going to suffer till next weekend. 

Oh, got an extra workout in last night as well.  Moved a desk for a buddy... one of those 300lb bad boys.  Down stairs, out the door, up some steps, then down in the basement of the new place.  Oh yeah!!  No wonder I'm sore! 

Alright, thats all I've got, a little more concise than I thought it would be.  I'll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment