Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FINALLY got that bastard!

YES I DID!  Wait, what bastard are we talking about here?  Good question!

Third time was the charm, and I finally got the squat clean PR I thought I had not once, but two other times.  It was pretty easy too... could have done more, but had problems.  Lemmie 'splain. 

Obviously we did squat cleans (or just cleans if you prefer).  The goal was to work to a heavy.  My goal was to hit 155.  Worked up to it easily enough.  Got to 145 pretty quick, and did 145 pretty easily.  So easily in fact, that I decided to go up not 10, but 20 lbs.  I tried to hit this 3 times... and three times I got this over my counter-ballast (aka my stomach).  Second time I had this up to upper chest.  Pull is good, pull is strong, pull is high enough... mind is weak.  For some reason that heavy weight psyched me out.  3 times in fact.  Adrian was a little baffled... he's like "you're pulling it to your chest" and then a shrug.  I know it's mental... this sucks. 

So...I back it down to 155.  Next pull, nailed it.  It wasn't much different than the 165, or the 145, but I hit it.  I didn't quite throw the weights down, wanted to, but I did drop it with some satisfaction afterwards (thinking of you Jeff Newton).

For the AMRAP, it was something we'd done previously.  5 minute capacity test we did about a month ago.  5 cleans, 10 bar over burpees.  I didn't make any progress sadly.  Still an even 2 rounds... I had a little left though, I had my hands on the bar at time this time... not much, but it's somewhat measurable right :P?

My convert did an "each one reach one", and got his brand new bride to come to the box too.  Happy for them, hope they make it through bootcamp and have a long, happy, healthy journey together. 

Not much else... tired, a bit sore, and my mouth hurts... I'm done with this dentist stuff for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment