Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bagles and Donuts

The devil is after me!  Last night, an offer of what I'm sure was glorious Mexican food.  Turned it down in the name of progress, fitness, and all that is... holy?  No, no, thats not right... smh.  Anyway, turned that down, ate some rabbit food, went to bed.  Got up at 0320 for work (nor a normal time), had our upgrade, great success, rah rah.  Site director shows up at 8.  Brings my second favorite breakfast food.  Bagels.  I've always had a soft spot for bagels and cream cheese.  Can't get enough of that stuff... and here it is, in copious amounts, begging me for some indulgence.  Two of my fav's within 12 hours of each other... dang.  Fear not, my resolve is rock solid, I have no plans to partake, at least not this week.  Like I said last post, bread free for at least a week, getting back to basics. 

The rest of the day drug on, and on... and on... something like 13 or 14 hours.  Ug.  To top it off, took not 1, not 2, but 3 5 hour energies to get through the day.  Unhealthy to say the least.  Next week, Thanksgiving week, going cold turkey on the caffeine, wish me luck.  

So I made it through the day on 3ish hours sleep, and found myself at the crossroads of going to CFDS or CFU.  I elected for Unlocked because their programming was more weights focused, and with this little sleep, the elements at CFDS would have been rough, let alone the drive home.  Gotta make sure I get enough sleep tonight so I can make it up there tomorrow for sure.  So I arrive a little early, get some quality warming up in before we're supposed to warm up.  Then a new coach (new to me) decides to do something different.  Lots of dynamic stretching, line drills, things like that.  Did it all in the lifters, my "arches" we're dying at the end.  I wasn't doing much better, slightly heavy breathing, and a good sweat.  Maybe I haven't shaken all this illness after all? 

Simple programming today.  1RM of the back squat, death by power cleans.  Lifting I can do tired... or at least do better than box jumps... So thats why I'm at Unlocked.  Worked up to close to my previous PR, and then instead of hitting it, we went over it by 10.  Easy.  Now I'm still tired, but the 10 was easy, so we added more weight.  The next rep was the last one I felt like doing with my current energy levels.  I rocked forward a little, but got the weight up... yeah, definitely stopping here.  Stopped on 245, a nice little 30lb PR.  #gettingstronger  Have to tell you, there is something in the water down here, there were some small ladies who hit 205 for theirs today... Unlocked is looking more like a machine factory every day with the weight these folks are moving... it's pretty damn cool to see. 

Didn't have time to celebrate the PR, had this death by power cleans.  PR was 155... and 185... or something like that is my current PR... so thats too close for this thing.  I wanted to do 135, but I had a feeling that was going to be too taxing, so I went down to 115.  The rep scheme of this was a power clean per minute.  1 at the first minute, 2 at the second, 3 at the third, etc etc.  to 10.  So if you didn't make it to 10 (while getting that count of clean done), then you had to drop the weight and start over. 

The first couple of rounds were real easy.  Around 5 or 6, I really started to think I should have done 135.  Then round 8 came.  Oh boy 8 came with a vengeance.  At this point I'll tell you, my power cleans are nasty.  I mean the form is bad... my pull... it's part being tired, part being strong, and part being tired...some more.  LOL.  I'm not even bending at the knees to receive the bar.  I'm dong muscle cleans.  I really think I need to spend some time working on my pull... when I get this right, I'm going to be a monster.  Anyway, rounds 8, 9, and 10 were difficult, but I got them done.  I could have kept going on 11... probably could have made it too, but I quit when I hit the min.  Mental toughness is at the top of things to improve.  #workinprogress

So, workout is over, I'm feeling it, and it feels good.  I don't regret not going further, or the weight choice, I'm sufficiently worn down and tired.  I'm going to bed, like now.  Catch you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment