Thursday, October 30, 2014

Second Rx WOD. Yay!

Second WOD with a PR, and being RX.  I could really get used to this... it's a pretty darn good feeling.  I don't have a whole lot of time, I need to get some of that highly valued sleep I'm always ranting about.  The WOD today was bench press for a max set of 5,  which I hadn't done before...so really, PR sounds a bit presumptuous....at the same time, the weight I used was just 20lbs shy of the last PR I have written down.  :D  Me thinks I'll smash that one too.  Actually, I know I will.  EST seems to be on a simple strength cycle.  5 rep max of both the squats, and the bench, and there are other things that I wasn't able to get to this week... So I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop to 4 next week.  In those famous Bart Scott words, CANT WAIT. 

The METCON was also pretty simple.  Not easy, but simple.  On a two minute running clock (2 minutes work, 2 minutes rest) we were doing a 300m row and 95lb power snatch.  4 rounds.  I was a bit lazy tonight, I left my "in the back" with other newer people, so I'd have a 5 second walk to it, a chance to catch my breath... needed it.  Went 5-4-4-4 for my reps... Probably could have done it as 6-5-5-5 had it been closer.  Though, saying all of that, I'll say that my scap/rhomboid shoulder issue is better...but still was an issue when I arrived.  That and my shoulder (on the outside... like where shoulder pads would be), felt a bit funny with the snatches, like maybe it was a bit too much weight to do... *shrug*  No idea.

Parting thoughts, someone suggested I go to an upcoming comp... I'm juggling the idea.  Might be worth trying...but to be honest, I want to win...or be top 10, and I don't feel I'm close.  Maybe when I'm nearer the top of the box on regular WODs. 

Other though, I'm looking at getting my body fat and everything measured in a Bod Pod.  This isn't the place, but it's a link to what I'm looking at.  http://www.nifs.org/fitness-center/fitness-assessments/bodpod  I'm getting a blood draw tomorrow, so I'll hop on the scale and see what my latest transgressions have earned me.  I'm expecting a small loss...and I'll take that as a slap in the face... like a wake up signal... time to get back on track cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment