Thursday, September 24, 2015

15 more to go

So I saw this on FB today, and it's kinda how I felt after todays WOD.



It's not that the WOD was terrible, and I didn't do horrible, but still. 

It was a squat day, again.   Sounds like they're almost done with this hatch program.  Thank you!  I want to get in on the next one, but I hope they wait.  Did 3 rounds of 5, with increasing weight, and my knee was bugging me.  Actually, let me take a step back.  I woke up just a touch early, and I was ready to go, lets do this!!  Then I took my pre-game, and BOTH of my knees started to bitch out.  I mean it was like a full on conversation. 

"We don't wanna work out"

--Oh you gonna do some work today

"But we don't want to, lets go to bed, feel how sore we are"

--Sore from what?  Lets go

*introduce pain in both kneecaps*  "See, we're in no shape to WOD"

--Whatever, we're going. 

And so I went.  The back squats really tested my right knee though.  I couldn't tell if it was this bathroom phantom pain, or if somethings wrong.  I'm going with my knees just being a bit whiny.  Real or somewhat imagined pain aside, I'm really starting to hate back squats.  I utilized my glutes more again, and I'm getting comfortable with that, and I'm curious what a true "heavy" weight for me is with it... maybe I'll check it some other time.  

Front squats are money though.  I still went light, again, working on that glute explosion out of the hole, but overall, I like, maybe even enjoy front squats, especially when compared to back squats.  Got through those a lot quicker.  Might be a mental thing...

Workout was short today.  Squats, and then a short METCON.  10 minute limit.  15 calorie row buy in, 3 rounds of 21 wallballs, 12 box jumps, 6 burpees, and then cashing out with another 15 calorie row.  I almost did it.  I don't feel like I sandbagged this one at all.  The wallballs got painful quickly... squatting with wallballs... I get the concept, but I struggle mightily with the execution of this.  They were my biggest challenge.  I did 16" step ups, nothing terrible, but with the knee it was still a bit of a struggle.  The burpees... I stepped up for 4 of them total.  Tried to push through it all, had I found my dark place I might have made it, instead I got close.  Ended on my 4th calorie of the cash out.  Not terrible, but not finished. 

Other things:

Still haven't measured that jumprope.  HAHA.  It'll happen soon enough.  I just sold a jersey project years in the making, and have enough for a guilt free purchase. 

Took my before picture for my 30 day Pruvit pic.  Need to hop on a scale today... won't be great numbers, I've had 40oz of water, and some egg n sausage breakfast muffin/cupcakes already... so I guess I should say that won't be true numbers, but it'll be something to go off of.  I'm worried though.  Scared actually... like maybe it's gone up?  Clothes do fit better, or at least differently, but idk how thats going to transition on the scale.  Certainly not on pace for that 100lbs in the calendar year. 

Think I might have talked OT into getting some Junk headbands.  Can't wait. 

Speaking of OT, we've got SIX teams going to HOA this year.  Hope they do well.  It's close enough to go to, but I've got prior commitments all weekend.  Good luck guys n gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment