Sunday, October 4, 2015

Man down, man down!

Sometimes you just need a break.  This one wasn't so much a "need a break" as it's been forced on me.  I'm actually in the middle of a 7 day stint of 12 hour night shifts, which will be immediatly followed by 2 12 hour day shifts.  It's been hard to find time to get to the box, so I've focused on sleep and health.  Haven't done great at either, but what can ya do? 

It's already been a week since I've been to the gym, and it's likely to be anther 4-5 days minimum till I'm back in the box.  The work schedule doesn't help, but I managed to pick up my first injury, doing non CrossFit related things.  Short version, was helping push a truck onto a trailer, the driver stopped it short, and it started to roll down... I played the hero, and popped something in my calf. 

I thought a passing car had kicked a rock at me at first, then a half second later, holding the weight of this truck it was a "ooooh, nope, gotta move".  Lots of hopping on one leg and giggling.  First time I've ever pulled, popped, or stained something like this. 

Brother, who's a top notch massage therapist, and now in PT school, took a look at it, said everything felt fine, and that he thought I'd just popped the tendon around, and to RICE it.... well, more or less RICE, it.  We talked about the validity of RICE, then PRICE, then the natural inflammation responses.  It's on ice and elevated right now.  Not pressure treating it yet, keep flexing and moving the foot up and down, hope this goes away sooner than later.  Probably be a few days. 

Still.... I can't accurately describe the novelty of this to you.  I'm NEVER hurt like this... so it's super strange to have it finally happen...

Well alright, that's all I've got, just updated this for you and posterity.  Did want to send a shout out and congrats to my man Adam Scott, otherwise known as Big Ticket.  He tied the knot today with the Lovely Michelle... Scott now.  LOL.  Wish them both many many years of love, success, and happiness.  Congrats!!

ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment