Thursday, September 3, 2015

Tight back again...

Oh man.  Day 4 of Keto//OS and things are going well on that front.  Only had two spots where I had one of those brief moments of afternoon sleepiness... but they were uber brief, nothing like the hour + of "gee Wally, I'm sleep.  Well go take a nap Beave!  Ok Wally."  Woke up this morning with only 5 hours sleep... no cobwebs, just rise and go.  Can't keep doing that, but it's nice to know I've got that in my back pocket on the nights I don't get enough sleep.

Took Wednesday off, was going to go, but didn't get out of the house till baby girls soccer practice.  It had lots of running, and box jump burpees.  Would have been great for building some capcity, maybe I'll do it on my own later... lol.  Yeah right. 

Thursday was another night of squats.  Did more than Monday, but still, just slowly working back into squatting with some weight.  Did several sets of 4 and 5 at 135#.  Nothing felt terribly bad, moved with some speed... well, my speed. 

WOD tonight was a good one.  5 rounds of 15 deadlifts (115), 10 push press, 5 bar over burpees.  Deadlifts messed me up.  Not the weight, but again, I started poorly.  By the third round my lower back was tight enough that I didn't want to continue.  I probably could have, but I didn't want to push it.  Know what I mean?  The push press was heavy, but the further along we got, the better I got at it... still haven't figured out my dip drive.

Might get that taken care of sooner than later.  Janelle is going to be doing some small group oly lifting training... could be great.  Starts in two weeks, gonna be the snatch for the first class if I'm not mistaken.  Need the work, even if I hate the lift.  LOL!

Thought I'd have more to write, but I don't.... catch you soon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment