Friday, September 4, 2015

Simple, but effective.

Keto//OS day 5... the afternoon drowsiness is almost completely gone, as are the cobwebs.  That alone has been awesome for me.  Seriously though, that was the one thing I wanted out of Keto//OS, and it's delivered in spades, so thats awesome.  Still monitoring the weight loss... noticed a pair of my gym shorts were a bit loose this week, but that could be coincidence (really hope it's not).  We'll find out soon enough.  

Today was a light day for Friday... still challenging in all the right ways, but not the sort of thing to break ones spirit.  Three parts.  Our month long shoulder mobility bit, and then our quick warmup of 5 rounds of 6 air squats, 9 sit ups, 12 KB swings.  6 or 7 minutes of work... took a little longer than I anticipated, my knee was being creaky and cranky.  Still, got through it quickly enough.

WOD was very simple.  4 stations, 30 minutes of work.  As soon as you can't do any more of one movement, you go to the next, and keep rotating.  The only real rule, don't stop. 

I confess... I stopped a few times. 

Rowing, farmers carries, sled pushes, and 2 types (forward and backward) sled pulls.  I was a little concerned about my shoulder stiffness, and after the last time sled pulling where I pulled a bit more than just the sled.  I thought I'd try my luck on the rower first... had visions of pulling a 2k.  I didn't get more than 500m before I wanted to do something else.  Was off my PR pace, but kept it under 2 minutes.  I'll take it.  Moved on to the farmers carry.  70lbs KBs in each hand.  These are the first farmers carries I can really remember doing... at least the first ones for a loooooong time.  The speed at which my grip started to struggle... wasn't expecting that.  Think I made 3 laps before I put them down.  Wanting to get a bit of everything, I took my talents outside to the sled push. 

It's hot outside... well, hot enough.  90 degrees will give you that impression.  Sled push took a lot out of me man.... 135lbs plus the sled, and some nice Kansas sun beating down on us... Had to take a few breaks, but had some really good, extend pushes, but man, my hammys were singing after that.  10 minutes gone.  Repeated that cycle (roughly) again, got another 10 minutes of work in.  Last 10 minutes I actually pulled some of the sleds, and did a lot more farmers carries than before. 

My eating has gone to shite... I need to get on a ketosis friendly diet... something to help accelerate the weight loss.  High fat, moderate protein, and low carbs.  Should work... just need to get started.  

Good workout, lots of sweaty fun with everyone.  Signed up for the weight training sessions, looking forward to that.  Got some mowing done after the WOD... more hot sweaty fun.  Not much else to say other than good night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment