Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday brunch catchup

Two days late on this one... got busier than normal. 

The highlights of the past 48 hours, all non box related:
  • Eldest child's 3v3 u6 soccer team destroyed their competition.  I got there late, but they scored 8 goals while I was watching, and the other team got nada.  
  • Went to Top Golf for the first time... first time swinging clubs in about a decade.  Have to tell you, functional fitness doesn't cover the golf swing... sore in strange places from that.  Good time though.
  • Got to spend good time with a few different friends that I don't get to see often.  
Low lights from the same 48 hours:
  • Paid the penance for "forcing a trade" at work, got a kick in the junk for my review/compensation, messed up my whole Friday.
  • Didn't have the best of convos with the Mrs. about the Keto//OS purchase, need it and myself to put up big numbers.  
  • Pulled up lame in the workout, not an injury, but I did stop...
So about this workout... The only reason I went to the box on Friday, was for the endorphins.  The old saying, 'You're only one workout away from a good mood', and I needed to be in a good news after the comp call.  Fridays workout was simple, and a bit of a repeat from last Friday.  Strength portion was simple.  Pullups.  Two parts of pullups actually.  5 sets of 6-10 strict pullups, working on the scapula squeeze and doing proper pullups.  The goal is to develop some of the muscles that can end up neglected from other pullup forms.  Coincidentally, these muscles, when developed, are utilized more in pullups, and you don't end up over pulling and putting your body in a position to get injured. 

I didn't get to sets of 6... I struggled to string together 4's and 5's.   Need to count out where the band goes, I've been putting it a tad low it seems.  I don't think I got my forehead to the bar, but I did pull from a dead hang, and it's the correct muscles, so it's still work in the right direction right?  Moving on, the next part was to string together 50 more pullups, using whatever method you wanted.  By this point, I couldn't do more than 4, often 3's.  I think I got to 30 before moving on.  Baby steps. 

METCON was 3-5 rounds of 15 cal row, 30 wallballs, 15 burpees.  I barely got to the box in time for class, and did zero warm up for squatting.  Ended being a mistake.  I made it to the second round of wallballs, and the pain in my knee (over the knee cap area... again...), and I called it quits.  While the pain was certainly legitimate, I still felt like a bit of a baby for stopping.  Iced it for a good while after the workout, nice and numbed up by the time I left.  People talk about needing more cowbell, I need #morestretching to keep myself out of these predicaments.

Looking forward to this week, should get all the work stuff figured out... with what will likely be west coast clients, I might have to become an AM warrior... likely the... 0530 class.  Ouch.  We can call that 0545 class at #CFUnlocked good training... if it comes to that.  So really, it might be 2-3 weeks before I have it all figured it out, but once I do, it's on.  Going after those Building a new Justin weight loss numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment