Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Post number 200, and I'm lost

What I mean about lost... I've been a bit directionless lately.  Tell you now, this is more of an introspective post today.... more of a "state of the union"... and it's in disarray after the past month.  I've had two client changes, and now I might be off the road completely, which doesn't bother me, but it changes things, and I haven't been handling that change well.  It's Wednesday into week 2 of 2 being home, and I've been to the box 3 times... work stress, routine change... I'm not handling any of it very well. 

Tomorrow is a new day though, and I'll be back to the box.... going to right this ship.  Had a good workout today, and talked to Brian, told him that I wanted to be a poster child for him, and I wanted the results of the last guy he slimmed down years ago.  He looked up for the challenge, and we talked a little bit about diet and sleep.  Working on the sleep part (trying to get a different CPAP mask to see if I can keep it on throughout the night).  Diet will be a challenge, always has been, but when I get the Keto/OS stuff, along with working with Madison some more, I expect things will be good. 

So.. Ketones stuff... work being out of balance, what else... um... oh, used the shoe goo finally.  Looks a mess, but the lifters held up nicely today.  The "fit" is better than it's been in the past months, so it's nice.  Staying on shoes, went to this running shoe store, trying to find another pair of solid shoes like the ones I started CrossFitting with.  Guy looked at my shoes and was like wow, those should be on eBay... I've had them for 12 years now.  Worn out, but still look newish... Ascis if you're wondering.  Might be what I end up with again, waiting to hear back from the store as they look in their systems for something that will work. 

Workout stuff, today was good.  Snatches, overhead squats, some burpees... moved alright during everything.  Nothing I wanted to work out, but all things I need to get better/faster at, so the work was good.  Did more OHS than I've done... ever, so that was cool.  Progress we'll say. 

So, to summarize, this last month has been a good mix of up's and downs.  We're on a down slope right now, but things are looking up, so I expect to make that climb back up to the top of the sine wave.  First competitions, first pullups, arguably my first pushups, and PR's... all solid things to build off of.  As soon as I get back on track, I'm going to focus a lot more on results, prepping my own food (thanks to being home), and I expect to start seeing more pronounced gains.  Want to look markedly smaller by the time I get back to my first families of fitness in DE (north and south).  See the word play there... Delaware, the first state, my first CrossFit families... I'm a nerd, I know. 

Small milestone, 200 posts.  Need to finish up my 201st thats sitting in draft status.  Soon... and I promise it will be a way different kind of read, you'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment