Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Short post

Last night was something else.  I'm hella busy right now, but I wanted to keep the chronicle going. 

Warmup was some light jogging in a circle while doing some arm rotations and such.  Busy night at OT.  Had our class, a bootcamp, and a....I'll just call it Level 2 class going at the same time.  Tight quarters.  Jogging outside in my lifters though... these things are close to the end... at least the tongue on the right shoe is.  Might have to break out the duct tape!

Worked on dead lifts... on the form.  First time I think I've ever really worked on the form.  Felt good.  Think I only went to 200lbs (195?) for sets of 6.  It wasn't too taxing, we worked on the speed of it (train slow will make you slow right?).  Mike in the class did a PR of 325.  Would have been a nice PR to my last one posted.  I AAAAaaaaaaaaallllllmost went and grabbed his bar to do it too.  Going from 3 sets at 200 to 325 for a 1RM... I probably would have been fine, but reasoning and sense talked me out of it.  Next time dead lifts, next time. 

METCON was supposed to be a bit more than we did according to online...and on one hand, I feel a little cheated, on the other hand, I'm glad it wasn't.  We did 6 rounds of 3 front squat, 6 shoulder to overhead, and 9 dead lift.  95# RX, so 95lbs it was (strikes me now this is my 3rd or 4th RX WOD.  Yay).  I won't say I smoked folk, but I beat everyone through the first round, and got through the second unbroken.  Then my speed took a major nose dive.  I stopped too much, took too many breaks.  At one point, think it was round 4, I was straight legging the dead lifts.  Coach Brandon's wife (CBW for short, still don't have the name yet) was facing me at the other end of the box, told me to bend my knees a little.  I laughed and shook my head, think I told her something smart ass like I don't have time for that.  LOL.   I finished round 5 at 6:19, right when CBW finished...her 6th.  And I almost stopped there.  I gave it a good 5 seconds thought, then picked the bar up and got through the rest of it.  Don't think I set it down once, just wanted to be done.  Finished at 7:19... or 29.  can't remember the seconds.  I do remember being much happier that I didn't punk out.  #mentalstrength  Need to make sure I push like that more during workouts.  Looking forward to 95# not being as heavy as it's been the past few weeks....

Today is a rest day.  My massage therapist brother should be by soon, looking forward to that, my quads are on a rampage... and I should be seeing the chiropractor tonight... so today should be a great day.  It's nice being home during the week once in a while.  :)

Shout out to Jaimie Byerly.  I've mentioned here in a few of these before.  She's now an official coach at CrossFit Diamond State.  Big ups to her for getting that done and for all the hard work she's put in since I've met her.  

Last thought... I've read so many stories about doing the open...  I was dead set against it, but I might actually pull the trigger on it and officially put my name in.  Brian from OT encourages folks to go RX to get a truer sense of where you are, and that you'd surprise yourself... we'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment