Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Welcome to the journey

Welcome to The Crossfit Nomad. 

Where to start...well, I'm a wee bit narcissistic, and this is my blog, so we'll start with me.  My name is Dan, and I have just started CrossFit (CF for short).  A little bit about me.  I live in Kansas City, but I travel a lot for work.  Currently my travels take me to the great state of Delaware, which is where the Nomad comes from.  

Last night was my first workout, first non-elements (training) workout.  We did something called Fran, YouTube it (too many videos to share, you'll get the idea).  If you're just now researching CrossFit, and you ended up here, and you just saw Fran... let me be the first to tell you that you can do it.   Now, I know what your thinking, I've had people say that sort of thing to me before to, my initial reaction is the universal "Bullshit!".  I'll apologize now, you're going to get some language here and there.  Back to Fran and you being able to do it.... I did this last night.  I weight 480 lbs.  And I was doing that workout. It was scaled to my abilities, and I did it, and thats why I'm telling you that you can do it too.  If I can do CrossFit, you can too. 

Some shoutouts, my first "box" (the CrossFit lingo for gym) is Diamond State CrossFit. (http://crossfitdiamondstate.com/) Gia O'Keefe runs the box, fantastic coach, great motivator, and she'll help you out anyway she can.  LOVE CFDS and the support they've given me since the first time I reached out for info.  They're going to be my first box, but they wont be the last.  I travel a ton for work, hence the nomad in the title. 
Second shoutout goes to my man Taran Kahler.  Don't have any handy links for him yet, maybe one day.  We started a program at our company together, and while we were training, he started doing CrossFit and The Paleo Diet.  Here is probably where I should disclaimer that I'm not your doctor, and yada yada, so consult a physician before dieting or doing awesome things like this...or don't.  Back to TK.  I watched this man shrink inches off his waist and gain what looked like even more muscle.  I decided then that if he could do it, so could I.  It just took an additional 6 months before I even thought of starting.  Time wasted.

More first time things.  I write like I talk, so this may read like a conversation...and thats good, you should be able to "get" what I'm saying even if I don't write it right.  Savvy?

A lot of things have happened since I started this journey, and I'll be sure to add to this every chance I get, I'll get better at this blog stuff, and hopefully we'll make this into something special.  Thanks for being here!

TCN

**edit on 5/19**  Tired body tired mind, forgive my spelling/grammar errors, you'll probably find a few, I usually write this after a workout... if you haven't tried CF yet, when you do, you'll see what I mean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment