Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The only easy day was yesterday

Been watching TV for a while, see some things, hear some things.  One thing I've heard in a few of the show's I've watched is the SEALs motto of "The only easy day was yesterday".  I get it more than I used to. 

I may be using that waaaay to early in my blogging career, but it's apt for working out, cause the only easy workout is the one you've already done.  Today (the day after Fran) was something that looked easy to me.  HAHA...yeah, about that.  Today was shuttle runs, some situps, double unders, and box jumps.  Seemed easy enough on paper, not so much in practice.  To make matters more interesting, I lined up next to one DSCF Coaches Randi Goodman.  Intimidating, and at the same time a challenge...well, it was a 'challenge' till we stated, then it was over.  Got smoked, it was glorious....painful too.  Long way to go, but we're going to get there one day at a time. 


Random successes/thoughts from the past two day, not sure how to organize this stuff yet:

First, leave comments, we'll banter, it'll be fun.

After the workout yesterday, went to the closest grocery store to get my 'supplies' for the week.  Walking was a task, the cart helped keep me upright.  First thing in, was the deli/pre-made food area.  It looked so good...yet having just had my butt handed to me, walked right on by, not the faintest hint of temptation.  Got a sub, some fruite, some water, and some protein supplements and was out.  Victories come in all shapes and sizes.

I'll try to keep the feel good coaches platitudes to a minimum, but no promises.

Uh, not much else tonight, if you've got questions, or want to see a post on something in particular, let me know and I'll see what I can do.  

TCN

No comments:

Post a Comment