Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Knee!!

I don't think it's bad, but I'm getting it looked at by my man @IAmTheHealer on Friday, until then it's ice, rest, and ibuprofen.  Only noticed the clicking when I was bent over adding weight to my barbells tonight. 

Let me back up.  Workout tonight, pretty fun, defiantly tough.  First, this running stuff.  Every day, I'm readying something about 300m, 500m, or some other length of rowing.  Cool, rowing's good.  Every day it's nice, I think it's going to be this 400m run to warm up.  Now, I expect to get better, but dammit, it sucks now, can't make it the whole way...it's about getting that air stuff in my lungs, having some issues.  More warm-up stuff, some hollow rocks, some good mornings, some resistance band stretches, and some back extensions.  Got a good sweat going from the warm-up.  The meat now, split jerks.  Still trying to find my PR, worked my way up to 115 as my 80%.  Felt pretty accurate.  Now onto some METCON.  If I haven't explained that one yet, METCON is metabolic conditioning.  100 double under, then we did a complex to find a PR, 7 minutes total time is all we had. 

Double unders.  Simple concept, but I'm still struggling with single unders...haven't jumped rope since Jump Rope for Heart in grade school  (http://www.heart.org/)  they can still use your help by the way.  Anyways, I suck, had to give up on the jumping to make sure I could get a few reps of the complex in.  Plan on finding my own rope, and jumping when I'm home...I find this somewhat embarrassing that I can't jump rope...  The complex, - deadlift + hang clean + jerk = 1 rep.  Barbell hits the ground, start over.  I got 115.  The hang clean is currently my weakness for this, but I've got a PR now.  I think as I find my form improving, my confidence will improve, my numbers will climb drastically.  I feel like I got challenged by some other athletes this week, and I struggled, and I'm so happy they did (shout out to Mark for pushing me).  I think I was caking it too much with the weights, hiding behind "I dont know my max".  So many thanks.  

Ok, it's late, have to get better about writing this sooner.  Drink you water!

TCN

No comments:

Post a Comment