Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Getting hooked and third workout confessions

You know you're getting hooked, when you think about the days WOD while doing something else...for me, that something else was working.  I'm was sitting in the office today, looking out the window, and while I was feeling the soreness in ALL my major muscle groups, I'm STILL looking forward to the WOD today.  I'm hooked, I can't help it, it's growing on me.  Sooner than later I'm going to become a full on CrossFit junkie, but I'm not there yet.  


This is my third day in a row, after doing just three elements sessions over two weeks, I've done three in a row.  I don't think thats any sort of record or anything, just want to give you a frame of reference for where I'm at and what I'm going through.  Like I said above, I'm sore.  I'm tired too, not enough sleep.   Today was all about strength training, and building muscle.  I still can't tell you what half the lifts are....power cleans, jerk lifts, snatch and grabs...I don't know, we did two different ones without hitting our max, some overhead (with a plate) lunges, and to finish it all off, 1000m timed row.  Plates, by the way, are those nice round things that weigh anywhere from 10-45 lbs usually...the things you put at the end up dumbbells.  |--------|   There, a nice visual aide.  Now for the confessions

Confessions:

I thought tonight, I'd save my legs.  I wanted to save my legs.  I tried to save my legs.  CrossFit doesn't care.  CrossFit not only took my legs, but laughed at me for bringing them in the first place.  

I've found it really is 90% mental, 10% physical...or maybe it's 80/20.  Either way, don't psych yourself out, you do that, you're done.  Old saying, forget who it's attributed to Hank Ford maybe? Anyway, it goes something like this..."Doesn't matter whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way, you are right." 

Parting thought, mainly for those of you new to CrossFit, or getting ready to start.  Keep your mind open to meeting new people at your box, their encouragement is invaluable.  Also, try to smile when your tired and just finishing a set of whatever.  It will make others smile, and you might just have some fun.  :) 

Cheers
TCN.

No comments:

Post a Comment