Sunday, May 17, 2015

You know it's bad when...

First, let me say that I'm alive.  LOL.  It's been a rough couple of days.  I wish I could just blame it on the wrist, but no, sometime Wednesday, after noon, I got hit by a truck.  Not a literal truck, but a metaphorical one.  Suddenly I was fatigued, to say the least.  Shoulders sore, throat was scratchy, and my stomach was... learning to cope with a lot of veggies and hummus...

I left work early that day, took a nap, took some stuff, thought I'd be good.  Even went and had dinner with some of the Unlocked family.  Thought I was already on the mend... Today, 4 days later... sick.  Or still sick I should say.  Don't know if it's upper respitory or what.  It's acted like the flu, like a head cold, and like an upper respiratory bug...  no idea.  Going to see a doc tomorrow if I can't fix it tonight.  I'm bringing out the big guns, something I don't use unless I'm desperate.  Vapor rub.  And honestly, I feel better already, like it's breaking up whatever is sitting on/in my chest. 

Wrist report... it's getting better and better.  Right now I'd say it's back to about 90% mobility with no pain.  So we're almost there.  Under load, I think it's a little bit less... like maybe 75%.  There are a few things I want to be able to do with minimal pain before I think I'm "ready".  Pushing off the arm of a couch/sofa to get up is one of the measures.  I don't plan on being 100% before getting back after it, but I'd like to be.  We'll see what the sickness does. 

Other news, been watching some CFDS family down at the Atlantic Regionals in Atlanta.  Both have had solid solid showings.  Both are top 20 going into day 3, and thats pretty great considering the level of competition.  Proud of them both, Jaimie Byerly and Vinny Casey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment