Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's not goodbye son, it's see ya later...

Where to start...   yesterday was an interesting day.  Got to the box early, did the 0545 class.  Didn't do the WOD as prescribed, still babying the sprained wrist, so back on the bike I went while the ladies did the deadlifts.  I set out with a particular purpose, I wanted to do better on the calories for time than I did the previous day.  Using the baseline of 10 minutes 100 calories of the previous attempt, this time I focused more on the calories.  I wanted to beat 10 minutes... and I did.  Handily.  Ended up at 08:11.  Almost a 2 minute improvement.  Nicely done. 

The rest of the WOD was a 20 minute AMRAP of some tendon tortures (7 of some type of clean, 7 burpees, 200m run).  I did 10 situps, 10 lunges, 200m row.  I think I got 8 solid rounds in, but I'm not sure.  My best moments in the whole workout were staying upright (mostly) on the lunges, and knocking out 200m in about 30 seconds on the rower, to finish the round before hitting the time cap.  A nice, nasty workout in a humid little box near the middle of the Delmarva peninsula.  I'll take that any day of the week.

Couple of stories and things I want to mention.... some quick, some longer.

My Halo 2 headband, awesome still... but the dang thing holds sweat for a while.  Driving to the box, I had it out the window trying to dry it from Monday night.  I must be doing something wrong, need to research it a bit.

There is a story I've been meaning to tell, it's not very long mid you, I just keep forgetting.  This wasn't the reason I started doing CrossFit, but it still gives me a chuckle when I remmber it.  There is this comedian, you may have heard of him.  Gabriel Iglesias aka Fluffy.   In the year before I started CrossFitting, when my wife would be at home with out then 3 year old, and Fluffy would be on TV, or on say Facebook, my sweet sweet child would be like "It's daddy!!"    Idk, it's funny to me.  Sad funny, but funny.  Maybe one day I'll be on stage too... LOL

Oh, got my first blister today... well yesterday.  I'm blaming the bike.  Then, for whatever reason, I popped it with my teeth... yuck.  We'll leave it at that. 

Stopped by Diamond State last night, saw some good ol' friends.  Wanted to do the WOD, but one workout on a bummy wrist was enough.  Had to stop by though, yesterday I got what look like marching orders and The CrossFit Nomad is soon to be back on the move.  I've got one more product launch the first week of June, then... nothing.  At least as far as travel out here is concerned.  The job is nothing if not fluid, so we'll see, I might end up near by, I might end up in the middle of Idaho....  so I said farewell (again) to some of my CFDS people, glad I was able to get up there.  Need to start setting the expectation with my Unlocked family now.  The post title is what it's all about though, it's not goodbye, it's see ya later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment