Monday, May 11, 2015

Live Long and Prosper

Ok, if I haven't said so yet, I've been seeing a lot of photos disappear off the blog, and I'm looking into.  Can't get the comedic impact if you can't see the photo, na mean? 

Alrighty, so, the last WOD, injured me.  There, I said it, I'm hurt.  After that Thursday WOD (and my subsequent updates), I had some pretty significant pain.  I wasn't  going to go anywhere, but after meeting with Madison on Friday, and a quick reminder from the Mrs that we'd already hit our deductible this year, I went to the ED.  ED being ER....hospital speak most places.  Got some xrays done, they didn't feel the need to look further with an MRI.  They said the xrays showed no bone movement, and that they thought it was most likely a sprain or strain.  Frankly, I didn't want to take the time to get a MRI done, I took the doc at his word.  Had a choice between some velcro splint, and a half cast one.  I chose the half cast, sounded better at the time.  I'm not better, but I'm on the mend. 



Brings me to today.  Took the roundabout way to get to DE this week.  Thought I was just adding a few hours to my commute (in order to save $300 on airfare)... turns out it added 4 and a half hours, and I didn't get much work done today...  #allthattravel  AND, I left the house EARLIER.  Thats my problem, not yours, lets move on. 

Decided to go to Unlocked today, injury and all.  I went through most of the warmup stuff, avoided anything on my wrists, even went through the snatch progression with a pipe.  Light work on the wrists (wearing the wrap mind you), and I felt good at the end.  No pain, everything was nice and warm... I was REAL tempted to do the WOD, a hero WOD called Randy.  75 snatches at 75# with a cool down of 10 minute EMOM of 100m sprints. 

Happy I didn't do Randy tonight, my wrists are tender with the work I did do.  While everyone was doing snatches and the like, I was riding the Air Assault bike.  Everyone seems super intimated by this thing, it's just another exercise bike to me.  I did it till the last person was done, ended up with 10 minutes and 100 calories.  No idea if this is good, or just average, but it's what I put in.  Then I got off the bike.  My plan was to ride it again during the sprinting, bu/t Ticket was like "you running with us?  Every other one, every third?"... I told him "I hate you".  He looked confused for a half second, till it clicked that I was running.  Decided to do every other.  I had thought about doing every one, briefly.  After the first one, I decided to stick with every other one.  Having done the bike before hand, my quads were heavy, my legs were heavy.  Not saying being fresh would have made me any faster, but the heavy legs sucked.  LOL.  Got all 5 in, ran them almost all the way back "to the mat" for the full 100.  500m.  Most of done in a long time, my knee is fussing at me a little at the moment, but that should pass in the morning.  I hope.  :)

I don't have any travel planned for the future yet, I don't know if this will be my last week in Delaware or not.  I don't think so, but I can't be for certain... might know more tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'm probably going to go to both boxes tomorrow.  Air squats, situps, and rowing (just throwing it together off the top of my head) at Unlocked, and then... something at Diamond State.  Or not.  We'll see. 

Oh, almost forgot.  Have my eating plan for the week from Madison.  1800 calories, and under 36g of sugar.  We're going to work on macro's next week, but this week she wants to see if the 1800 calorie limit kickstarts the loss.  It's 8 weeks, so we've got time to play and see.  The 36g of sugar part means little fruit.... or really anything.  Found that out the hard way today when I was stuck in DFW and saw a smoothie king.  I was so excited, till I plugged it into the myfitnesspal app... then I was sad.   #onegooddecisionatatime

No comments:

Post a Comment